Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 3-Series E90 (2006-2012)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Mike Hall
BMW 335D High mileage (purchase)

I have had a few VW Tdi cars over the last 10 years and I want to try out a BMW diesel. I understand the 335D cars have some problematic issues but it sounds as if the ABC delete may fix most if not all of those issues. I found a higher mile one owner 196K mile 2011 335d that looks great and has a clean carfax with 18 service records reported. The issue is I am not sure exactly what all has been done to the car during those services. I assume for the car to be running great with no CEL lights on the dash the car must have been correctly serviced. Would you be afraid of such a car for $6000? I do plan to do a complete ABC delete which obviously from what I read is a must to make the car reliable. Any advice would be fantastic.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 84porsche
I currently have a 2011 335D and it honestly is a car that is extremely fun. I currently have an emissions issue that I have yet to sort out but likely going to be trading in my car in the next couple of weeks. Happy to answer any questions about the diesel that I can.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
As far as what services the car had done and what condition the motors, trans, etc..are in - a full PPI report should give you all the answers you need in deciding if the car is worth pursuing. As I've learned with my 135i, even if the CEL isn't on; it doesn't mean everything is perfect - I had a lot of stored codes that needed addressing, but did not have a CEL light on. Hope this helps you out a bit and best of luck!
Old 08-22-2018, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: