Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 5-Series E28/E34/E39/E60/F10/GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2004 m39 very slow acceleration... Vanos?

diagnosing is difficult for me when i have three or four possible contributors to the problem/s. my 2004 525i E39 M50 was running with a little bit of a ruff idle but not enough for other people to really detect. im thnking replacing the leaking valve cover gasket, intake manifold gasket, plugs, coils, intake boot, and the PCV system should correct this, i hope. what im reall concerned with is the very slow acceleration. if i floor it i get nothing but a bogged down response ( i really dont floor it at all because i dont want to stres it more) but if i slowly accelerate and allow the car to catch up with the pedal it goes pretty good. definately enough to drive safely in everyday traffic. So i purchased a throttle body actuator kit but found my throttle body is factory sealed so i wont be doing that repair. what im getting at is the Vanos. The vanos in my car dont look like all the tutorials on you tube. mine are not the "one bolt light saber looking part. mine are the more cylidrical type that disconnect by seperating the cylindar and inside is the small plastic "spring valve"?. anywy at $200.00 a pop im a little warry and have just heard something more about a vanos actuaor? is this just another name for solenoid? im Just looking for Some insight to this slow acceleration problem. thank you

Old 05-22-2020, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
e39 slow acceleration , e39 vanos , throttle acuator