Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 5-Series E28/E34/E39/E60/F10/GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Windows does what now...

99 528I I6 ( I like a challenge, but not this much ) -.-''
I am seriously getting fed up with the car. I rescued the car from a crusher about 5 years ago. It had a no start issue because the cluster had died and the gm light module had died. Replaced both and the car was running fine for a while. Rebuilt the Vanoss and resealed the valve cover. Had the ABS rebuilt, works perfectly fine, and speed sensors all replaced. Did a ccv delete, because I lost my job and I have been just doing little tidbits to keep the car running till I get back and am healthy enough to work. The car sat for a year with no battery in it. I had to do the coolant tubes and did not have the money at the time to do them, plus I cannot work in the extreme heat and had to put it off most the summer last year. Well I got them done in the fall, new battery, new alternator, thermostat, water pump, and plugs. I get the car ready to roll, ran perfectly fine before loosing my second job in the winter time due to heart problems. It sat over the winter, sans battery again. Now I have an issue where the door locks do not work via the central locking button, hit button no reaction. Driver side door will not unlock with the key fob despite all other working fine, trunk works fine too. Also the windows control fine at each other door but the not at the driver door. Driver side will up an down the driver window fine, but none of the others work. And the driver side window works all the time, even when the ignition is off. No key, but window works still. I have two windows switches assemblies, both work the same way. Both work perfectly fine from the same model donor car the second switch came from. Passenger door mirror control does not work either. The trans is also now in limp mode with no check engine light. Which I know the light works, because the fuel pump was replaced after the light went off for bank lean codes.

Anywho TL;DR THis is what I am seeking help for please.

Door locking system is not working via the button. Works via fob, but not drivers door. Windows do not simul roll up or down anymore via the fob.
Driver side window is always powered, even ign off. No other window works from driver side door.
Trans is in limp mode with no check engine light. ( I am checking the fluid this week when I get my jack stands back from under the Intern 350 util, they are cradling. )

I have a replacement BCM gmIII low ( identical numbers; pn, sw, and fw. ) Coming in the mail. The others in another forum told me to order. ALthough I think it is wasted money, because the window still works with it unpluged. No other trouble issues changed with the module removed. I have a K plug to read and program, but currently my pc will not work with it. The software keeps erroring. The cable is not compatible with my usb chipset hardware. But the only trouble codes it pulls up are codes for a " bus not responding, but I dont know what the rest of the error says in german. The other code is because the AC fan is not working. I tried to use a donor fan and its not the same fan.

Oh geesh. I am sorry.

Hello Pelican Forums. I am new to this forum, but used to be part of Peachparts, back before I made the mistake of selling my 84 300sd ten years ago.

I appreciate the help I got in the past and hope to get some more with this.
Thank you so much. I hope you are all well and healthy despite these rough times.

Pls help this poor car out. She escaped the scrap yard once, Im close to giving up and releasing her to one again. Dont mind the pic, she was a little undressed. I was doing a lot of work on the front end. That was after doing the headlights with cleaner looking ones, and replacing the sunroof with ones that wasnt stuck halfway in the open position.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelracer318 View Post
99 528I I6 ( I like a challenge, but not this much ) -.-''

I am seriously getting fed up with the car. I rescued the car from a crusher about 5 years ago. It had a no start issue because the cluster had died and the gm light module had died. Replaced both and the car was running fine for a while. Rebuilt the Vanoss and resealed the valve cover. Had the ABS rebuilt, works perfectly fine, and speed sensors all replaced. Did a ccv delete, because I lost my job and I have been just doing little tidbits to keep the car running till I get back and am healthy enough to work. The car sat for a year with no battery in it. I had to do the coolant tubes and did not have the money at the time to do them, plus I cannot work in the extreme heat and had to put it off most the summer last year. Well I got them done in the fall, new battery, new alternator, thermostat, water pump, and plugs. I get the car ready to roll, ran perfectly fine before loosing my second job in the winter time due to heart problems. It sat over the winter, sans battery again. Now I have an issue where the door locks do not work via the central locking button, hit button no reaction. Driver side door will not unlock with the key fob despite all other working fine, trunk works fine too. Also the windows control fine at each other door but the not at the driver door. Driver side will up an down the driver window fine, but none of the others work. And the driver side window works all the time, even when the ignition is off. No key, but window works still. I have two windows switches assemblies, both work the same way. Both work perfectly fine from the same model donor car the second switch came from. Passenger door mirror control does not work either. The trans is also now in limp mode with no check engine light. Which I know the light works, because the fuel pump was replaced after the light went off for bank lean codes.

Anywho TL;DR THis is what I am seeking help for please.

Door locking system is not working via the button. Works via fob, but not drivers door. Windows do not simul roll up or down anymore via the fob.

Driver side window is always powered, even ign off. No other window works from driver side door.

Trans is in limp mode with no check engine light. ( I am checking the fluid this week when I get my jack stands back from under the Intern 350 util, they are cradling. )

I have a replacement BCM gmIII low ( identical numbers; pn, sw, and fw. ) Coming in the mail. The others in another forum told me to order. ALthough I think it is wasted money, because the window still works with it unpluged. No other trouble issues changed with the module removed. I have a K plug to read and program, but currently my pc will not work with it. The software keeps erroring. The cable is not compatible with my usb chipset hardware. But the only trouble codes it pulls up are codes for a " bus not responding, but I dont know what the rest of the error says in german. The other code is because the AC fan is not working. I tried to use a donor fan and its not the same fan.

Oh geesh. I am sorry.

Hello Pelican Forums. I am new to this forum, but used to be part of Peachparts, back before I made the mistake of selling my 84 300sd ten years ago.

I appreciate the help I got in the past and hope to get some more with this.

Thank you so much. I hope you are all well and healthy despite these rough times.

Pls help this poor car out. She escaped the scrap yard once, Im close to giving up and releasing her to one again. Dont mind the pic, she was a little undressed. I was doing a lot of work on the front end. That was after doing the headlights with cleaner looking ones, and replacing the sunroof with ones that wasnt stuck halfway in the open position.

Hello how may I help you what did y. I need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2020, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovethsusan View Post
Hello how may I help you what did y. I need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This A**hole Janelovethsusan is a scammer playing dumb....
Or dumb playing scammer...replied to several WTB posts with referrals to all his “friends”

Moderators....Close this thread.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: