Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 5-Series E28/E34/E39/E60/F10/GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

92 BMW e34 525i with Trans dipstick

Hi, any help is much appreciated!
I own a 92 (07/91) E34 525i w/o VANOS and w/ trans dipstick! it comes with A4S270R GM auto trans (4L30-E) and has 87,500 miles. I did have my local independent BMW shop perform a complete transmission fluid flush and replaced the filter using the genuine BMW kit and Castrol Dextron VI ATF fluid offered by BavAuto when they were still in business when the car hit 70K miles. 17.5K miles later, lately I have been having some issues and I am wondering if it is in fact the transmission. The issue is that sometimes when I come to almost a full stop on a roundabout or a stop sign and then try to gradually accelerate, the car acts like it is in neutral for a split second then I get a hard kick from the back like someone rear ended me then the transmission engages! It happened 3-4 times since the transmission flush/filter job. Also, I get a "Check Control" message on my OBC occasionally when I turn off the car. I believe its my Check Control module that is on its last legs. can the CCM cause an issue like the one I described above? looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance!

Old 01-28-2021, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: