Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 5-Series E28/E34/E39/E60/F10/GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Author of "101 Projects"

BMW 5-Series (E39 1997-2003) Project: Power Seat Testing

Anyone got any questions on the Project: Power Seat Testing for your BMW 5-Series (E39 1997-2003)?

Here's a back link to the original article: Pelican Technical Article: Power Seat Testing

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 12-11-2013, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Smokymb

Re E39 Power Seat Testing tech article. In the intro it is noted that seats with driver seat memory control will be covered in another article .. was that article written? My 2000 528it has the memory seat module. At least part of the memory function is working, as I can hear and see the driver side mirror move as I press the position buttons. How would my troubleshooting change from the published article? Is there a way to move the seat with a seemingly dead switch? My seat is frozen in the fully forward position.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokymb View Post
Is there a way to move the seat with a seemingly dead switch? My seat is frozen in the fully forward position.
Yes, remove the side panel where the switch is located and put power to the leads for the electric motor you wish to articulate.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Smokymb

Thanks for the excellent idea. Pull the wiring plug at the seat switch and apply power there or are contacts accessible at each motor? I am currently on a business trip and my car and Bentley manuals are several states away. I am trying to preplan my attack for when I get home.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

No worries. If you have room to apply power directly to the motors great, otherwise you can use the leads at the switch. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: