Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 5-Series E28/E34/E39/E60/F10/GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

E39 - BMW 2000 528i Wagon - A/C Not Working.

Air conditioner stopped working. I have searched but no solution. It worked fine and then quit abruptly. The front of compressor will not engage. Blower is working fine and light is on when snowflake button is pressed. Fuse in fuse box is ok.

Unable to find any information about a relay for this vehicle? Any information would be appreciated.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello - take a look at the links below to an earlier thread where this is discussed. Hope it helps you a bit.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824127

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501057
Old 05-14-2018, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Check your Freon level. If there's not Freon in the system, the compressor will not engage.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thank you for the replies. I paid a mechanic to diagnose and he told me it's the computer or ECU. I think I'll pull it out and send it to one of the repair places.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

ECU was repaired and sent back to me. The a/c signal processor was replaced on the board but I have no indication if this was in fact defective. The mechanic that provided diagnosis is reputable and he told me that he swapped with a known good ECU and certain that this is the problem. The compressor is not kicking on...any advice or assistance is appreciated.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The aux fan is working. If I let the car run long enough then it kicks on. I also tried the "click" test. I ran a live wire directly to the compressor and it clicks. I would not object to throwing another part at it if anyone has any ideas?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I also started the car and ran a live wire directly to the compressor. The clutch fan spins when I do this.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: