Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW 6,7,8-Series Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Angry Oil cooler line leak

Hello all,

I have a 2007 BMW 650i/E63. I recently changed the infamous alternator bracket gasket as well as 2 O'rings that go on the oil cooler lines which connects to the thermostat that attaches to the alternator bracket (I attached 2 pictures). I had to perform this job twice and both times it seems to be a very small leak coming from the aft line. At first I thought I did not TORQUE the bolt down tight enough or that the lines were cocked. second time around I made sure I loosened all the lines, ensured the O'rings were installed correctly and really took my time with the job ensuring I did not miss anything. Unfortunately I still have a very small leak. I torqued the bolt down as tight as I could with an Allen key. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there something that I am doing wrong. At this point I cannot understand why there is a leak. Should I try and torque it down with a hex socket and ratchet? I did use a lot of force with the Allen key and the bolt did not move.
Can someone please help or shed some light. I am getting frustrated.

Thank You
Old 10-08-2019, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: