Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > BMW Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

feeler only 89 white AUTO 125k verified with MTO

Hi
I am probably NOT going to sell this but wanted 'expert' opinions on my case. This car was rarely driven and was an absolute status symbol for the old ass chinese doctor who owned it. Body is almost completely rust free and checked all max rec areas ie behind brake lights etc, interior is PERFECT blue cloth and yes it is an automatic 325i with the nicer plastic bumpers. I have 2 options - 1 immediately dump the pre requisite 2k on a complete tune (via pelican etc) and drive/tune/swap it into oblivion (wife against that absurdity of course!) - 2 hand this over to someone and get the maximum cash possible. I paid on an 'exchange' basis. Long story short, want to know the real world worth of this white e30 and the km are verified with the ministry so its legit. It has a new exhaust with the oe stickers on it and he says that the timing belt was changed before he decided to park it. Any opinions/offers much appreciated.
Remote 3rd option is to park it myself and wait the 3 years that it will take before it turns 25yrs old and go from there. Thanks
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
In the shop at Pelican

Why would it cost you $2000 to tune up an E30? Why would you want to park the car until it is 25 years old?

You want to know the real world value? Maybe you could tell us what model it is, where you are located, etc..

Right off the bat, an automatic tranny, cloth interior and having 125,000 on the clock is going to work against the value. Keep in mind that they built a LOT of these cars. They arent collector cars (not yet anyway) Who knows, they might get valuable in 10 years or so.

The most valuable E30's are the M3's. I've seen them going for around $15-20K in good shape. Past that, the 325i Cabrio models and the 325is models.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: