Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > BMW Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Super Jenius

Send a message via AIM to Overpaid Slacker
1989 325iX With Lots of Goodies (including Schmutzfangers!)

Before I put this on Craigslist, I thought I'd post here; I'd rather she go to a good home or someone who needs iX parts.

White, Sedan, just over 200,000 miles.

Ran great until center diff broke about 2 years ago. Parked since. I mean, she would still move under her own power, but hasn't.
I have another, resealed center diff for her, but just haven't gotten around to putting it in.

Typical rust (behind front wheels, trunk lip) but otherwise solid.

The Goodies:
Brand new (less than 50 miles) windshield. So, it's a couple of years old, but has seen almost no miles as the car has sat.
Euro Rearview Mirror with maplights

Euro (analog) clock

Euro running/fog light switch

And the biggie (for e30 iX owners) -- Schmutzfangers! Yep, the front mud flaps (ordered them from Germany). I love that word -- Schmutzfanger.

Two sets of wheels - one with Blizzaks (80%) and one with Yokohamas (75%).
New battery when parked

Very good sound system (JVC bluetooth CD deck and ... dammit I can't remember the speaker brand, but they're very good. If it's important, I'll check.)

The Downsides:
She hasn't run in 2 years. I started her last year, but I think the throttle linkage was sticky, she wanted to rev very high, so I just shut her down.

Rust -- it's a 30 year old car that's seen use in upstate New York. (I did have her repainted ~10 years ago, so a lot of body issues were addressed, but there is the "typical" rust on the bottom of the door sills and the trunk, etc.) The license plate lamps will need attention. The paint isn't as bad as it looks -- very dirty. I should have given her a bath before her photo shoot.

Dent in Driver's rear door - not terrible but it's there.

Driver's rear door will not latch -- this is unrelated to the dent. The door "clamps" get stiff and finicky over time and I haven't put in the time to PB Blaster it back to working.

I loved this car when she ran, and she was the best, by far, hands-down vehicle in the snow I've ever driven. I've just come to the conclusion that I'm not going to spend the money to restore her to former glory.

I'd like to see her go to someone who loves these cars. With a little knowledge and a Saturday's worth of work, she'd be back on the road.

I think $1000 is fair. The goodies alone are worth at least that.

Car is very near Syracuse, New York. Come and get her!

2003 SuperCharged Frontier ../.. 1979 930 ../.. 1989 BMW 325iX ../.. 1988 BMW M5 ../.. 1973 BMW 2002 ../..1969 Alfa Boattail Spyder ../.. 1961 Morris Mini Cooper ../..2002 Aprilia RSV Mille ../.. 1985 Moto Guzzi LMIII cafe ../.. 2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
Old 07-07-2017, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: