Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Classifieds > BMW Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FOR SALE- 1983 BMW 320is

***SOLD***

For Sale
1983 BMW 320is (E21)
Up for sale is my 83 BMW. The original 3 series.
This is the sport edition. Roughly only 2500 of the 320i's came with the sport package. The sport package came with a limited slip rear diff, Badge-less trunk lid, Recaro front seats; BBS wheels a rear sway bar, and the front air dam, which this one was swapped out for the Alpina version. The car also came with a larger tool kit under the trunk lid. As far as I can tell this is the original paint, no signs of a re-spray that I can see. It even still has the original windshield in it and the factory radio. This car is mostly original.
The suspension was recently 100% rebuilt/restored. Brand new control arms, ball joints, springs, shocks, spring hats up front, and a full set of eurometric poly bushing set and new OEM rubber shock mounts in the rear. I still have brand new OEM rubber front inner control arm bushings and rear trailing arm bushings if you prefer to have a combination of rubber/polly. The springs are H&R and shocks are Bilstein B8's front and rear. Also included with this rebuild the rear sub-frame was completely removed, dismantled, cleaned and painted with new bushings installed and a brand new OEM diff mount.
I have also had the rear CV axles rebuilt professionally with new boots, cages and bearings.
New brake hoses installed, fresh brake fluid and system bled. Brand new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder and hose.
Brand new fuel filter, fresh tune up including plugs, wires, cap and rotor and a valve adjustment. I also installed a new Battery. New LSD fluid in rear diff and a fresh oil change. The valve adjustment and air/fuel tune was done professionally.
Cooling system was just rebuilt, including water pump, hoses, coolant and T-stat.
Interior is 100% original and in very good condition. It does need a few little trim pieces fixed, but nothing major at all, just aged. The dash has about 4-5 cracks on it, but overall in very good condition.
February of 2018 the car went through a nice detail. Two different polish stages, a jetseal and two coats of wax. This car shines very nice. no fading.
Prior to me owning this car, I have zero history on it; however, I have a full set of receipts/records and documentation and full log I have made for this vehicle since I have owned it. Each project that I have started with this car, I have spared no expense on any maintenance and getting this car road worthy again. It has a clean and clear Arizona title, passes emissions and is currently registered to me.
Overall this car is in very good condition. However, please keep in mind that this car is also 35 years old and all original, so there are imperfections.
The sunroof has a new crank handle on it, but only partially works. It flips up but does not go back.
New hazard flasher switch. All lights, turn signals work.
The heater- A/c control until does not work, but I do have another used unit that does work that I will include with the car. I also have spare cables, clips and flappers.
The car currently does not have a/c. I was going to be doing a sandon conversion to it but haven't got to that project yet. That being said, I do have a custom bracket to mount that compressor to the M10 block. This also goes with the car.
The odometer does not work - showing 162k miles
The driver door locking mechanism is stuck, so that door does not lock at the moment. I have not taken the door cards off yet to find out what the issue is. The passenger side works fine.
I have a full set of Brake pads, shoes, e-brake cables, and rear brake cylinders, brand new in the box and come with the car
I was going to get the rotors and drums turned but haven't had the time to do this job yet.
The tires are good, but about 5 years old.
As far as I know this car spent its whole life in California, I went to BMW to find out where this car was originally purchased and it was in California, which I have that print out from BMW. That dealer is no longer in business.
Some of the rubber trim is starting to break off in some places as they are original to the car and very brittle, but mostly intact.
There are only two rust spots that I can find on this car. The worst one is under the trunk lid where the weather stripping goes closest to the windshield see pics. It's a very common place for rust on these cars, but it's a small area. The other spot is on the cowl on the driver side right under the windshield, but this is a very minor spot. The front bumper coating also has deterioration but not rusted. I will get some pictures up of that very soon...
Keep in mind a lot of time and money, searching for hard to find parts and the headaches that came with all of that is already done and you don't have to worry about it. I took a lot of pride in my work and I feel that it shows.
runs and drives very well.

rsem0430@gmail.com
Thank you,
Ryan

Last edited by Meeceboy78; 05-19-2018 at 03:03 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

price drop $7900- open to offers. thanks
Old 04-26-2018, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Joined the forum to say nice car and glws... my e46 has gotten a very similar treatment, and I know it is not cheap!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_y82 View Post
Joined the forum to say nice car and glws... my e46 has gotten a very similar treatment, and I know it is not cheap!
no its not. thanks a lot for the compliment
Old 05-19-2018, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: