Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Performance Modifications > BMW Forced Induction

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

X5 leaks coolant only when parked

Just bought a 2004 x5 4.4 with 200,000 kms.
The check coolant light comes on always, but it takes only 1 liter to top off.
But after top off it leaks onto the ground from front engine area at a fast drip.
Then after losing 1 liter, it seems to quit leaking, and I drive to town and back, about 30 kms mixed driving, it never shows above normal on gauge, and seems to quit after losing 1 liter.
The previous lady owner said she could drive 100 kms without overheating, but sold it because low coolant light kept coming on, and leaked while parked. It was parked for 4 months when I bought it, and it took 2-3 litres to fill up reservoir.
Any ideas? Advice ? Can I use the gm coolant pills ( similar idea to Bars Leak) in the BMW ?
Old 08-29-2015, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hi Rd.adam@hotmail....I've attached a helpful link to one of our tech articles on the BMW X5. I think/hope that it'll help you resolve the leak. If you have anymore questions, feel free to Comment just below the article and someone will get back to you shortly. Best of luck!

BMW X5 Cooling Tech Article - BMW X5 Cooling System Leak Test (E53 2000 - 2006) | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article

Thanks,
Dmitry
Old 09-07-2016, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: