Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2014 F30 335 xDrive shaking/shuddering

I have 2014 F30 335 xDrive (52k miles) with shuddering issues.

There are two forms of the problem:
1. Accelerate on highway: car shuddering a ton near 2-3k rpm.
2. Driving uphill, the light turns red, let car off gas, car rolls on its own forward until it stops (never pressed brake, just let go of the gas and stop due to the hill), once the car stops on its own it starts shaking like an earthquake. This shaking immediately stops if I press down the brake.

So far I dealership has changed spark plugs and told me to use better gas. I think a key indicator to the issue of this shaking is #2. What exact parts are engaged when you let a car naturally roll to a stop, by letting off the gas?

When this happens, the car starts shaking like crazy and stops immediately if I press down the brake.

I tried to getting advice from too many sources, magazine, blog, even mobile apps on Apknite but still no result.

P/S: I have captured #2 on video, the car has rolled to a stop on its own in an uphill and the shaking gets heavier until you press brake: https://youtu.be/VCcC5W5YImo

Thanks all!
Old 08-13-2019, 01:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: