Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
LED

Garage
BMW M2 brake upgrade

I recently bought a 2017 BMW F87 with 3500 miles. I plan on tracking it 2 events per year. I have read, and heard a fair amount, about the factory brakes not being good on the track. I am changing the brake fluid to Castrol SRF and I recently bought EBC yellowstuff brake pads. They are rated for street and occasional track day use, but I wonder if I should just use them on track days and switch back to factory brake pads for street use, or should I just change to the EBC brake pads for good and use them on street and track?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Eugene
Old 12-30-2017, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello Eugene and welcome to the forum! I personally have not heard this and had a friend with an M2 that tracked it quite heavily and didn't complain about the brakes. If you're able to, I would save the OEM ones and track with the EBCs. If you're looking for an excellent pad in the future, we would highly recommend the Hawk HPS pads. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: