Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

My BMWs Value?

Im trying to get a better idea of the value of my BMW.

1997 E36 M3 Sedan
Black
Im the fourth owner. Second was my best friends dad, third was my best friend and now me.
Mostly stock. Upgrades include Bilstein sport shocks, larger rotors purchased here and better pads, new radiator, new rack and pinion, new control arms, new fan, new AC compressor, upgraded stereo with hands free, has afe intake, euro style running lights side markers and tail lights, still have all the original parts in a box.
Original paint shows well but has a good amount of small knicks. Id call it a ten foot paint job. One small ding on rear above taillight with chipped paint. About the size of a half dollar. Well maintained by me after it sat hardly used for several years. I drive it about once a week. No known mechanical problems, cold AC, interior shows some wear on drivers seat and drivers floor mat but actually pretty nice. Its from Tulsa,Oklahoma where they dont use salt on roads. Its now in southern CA with me although I kept registration in OK for now. Cant think of anything g else...

Thoughts?
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1528329878.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1528330020.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1528330155.jpg
Old 06-06-2018, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! Looks like a pretty solid car from the exterior photos. Have you checked KBB and other sources similar to it? It should give you a fairly accurate assessment of its value.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Dmitri,

I checked KBB and Hagerty. The two sites have quite the different opinion on the vehicles value. Thats why I thought Id check here. Maybe someone knows what they actually sell for in the Southern CA market.
Hagerty says $8200 for fair number 4 car and $13,900 for good number 3 car. KBB says between $5k-9k for a very good example, slightly more for excellent and even less for good... Its all over the map.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: