Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
2 Wheel Addict!

What R1200S Fender Eliminator Options Do I Have?

Looking for a fender eliminator solution for my new R1200S. Are there any solutions that tuck in the wheel well?

Thanks!
18 Buick Encore [$87mo LeaseHackr Deal]
Old 08-10-2018, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Here's an old man counseling against fender-elim.

The bike is 11 years old and was only imported one year in USA. It will potentially, adversely impact resale. And there is functionality to the assembly.

It will be a classic. Classics, for the most part, are prized for stock.

But I remember being young. I modified my Norton Commando when I was your age, to the point where it could no longer be recognized as a roadster.

I'll shut up here and resume my nap...

Edit:Just woke up.

Here's where I would put my attention. Get a header system that eliminates the CAT, consider a Booster Plug, recommend Motorex synthetic oil, wherever possible park out of direct sunlight and keep waxed (avoid paint fade), check if cam chain tensioner is the updated version, I aded a GS type engine skid plate on mine for underside protection, change the final drive oil at your upcoming 6K, get a pitbull stand so your bike is upright when parked/stored at home-- going back to my nap, again.

Last edited by Mark R 1200 S; 08-10-2018 at 10:44 PM..
Old 08-10-2018, 10:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
2 Wheel Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R 1200 S View Post
Here's an old man counseling against fender-elim.

The bike is 11 years old and was only imported one year in USA. It will potentially, adversely impact resale. And there is functionality to the assembly.

It will be a classic. Classics, for the most part, are prized for stock.

But I remember being young. I modified my Norton Commando when I was your age, to the point where it could no longer be recognized as a roadster.

I'll shut up here and resume my nap...

Edit:Just woke up.

Here's where I would put my attention. Get a header system that eliminates the CAT, consider a Booster Plug, recommend Motorex synthetic oil, wherever possible park out of direct sunlight and keep waxed (avoid paint fade), check if cam chain tensioner is the updated version, I aded a GS type engine skid plate on mine for underside protection, change the final drive oil at your upcoming 6K, get a pitbull stand so your bike is upright when parked/stored at home-- going back to my nap, again.
LOL, Thanks Mark!

Fender eliminators can be reversed. I didn't buy this bike to collect, she is here to be ridden. Ill have plenty more bikes in my life and I will tell the buyer, if I ever sell her, id they complain about a FE, they cannot buy my bike. In fact, I will probably take this to a RideSmart event or 2.

Im still figuring out what mods the bike has. Looks like I have headers along with my AKRA. Now just expecting to find a powercommander under the seat somewhere.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If you can, find one that fits the HP2S. It's designed with a little more clearance to accommodate the taller profile rear tire (190/55). If you don't you'll be limited to what tires you can run. I did not know about this so was forced to take mine off and sell it to another Pelican.
'09 Husky TE450
Old 08-14-2018, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have this one from R&G. It works great and I have it mounted to the Akra cannister.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/r-g-tail-tidy-fender-eliminator-kit-for-bmw-r1200s-all-years?gloc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8r-J0bf63AIVVoezCh0c1wypEAQYASABEgJeNvD_BwE
Old 08-19-2018, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
2 Wheel Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpolito99 View Post
Can you post a pic? Is there one that goes under the seat more?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2018, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I still have this available if interested:

FS: R12S Evoluzione License Plate Relocater Kit - NEW

This is an extra item I have. I am using the same part on my bike.
Old Yesterday, 01:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: