Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Moto Lights

I thought I saw a post from a vendor on this list offering a good price on MotoLights, but I cannot locate it now.

Anyone recall where that was?

ADVthanksANCE

03 BMW R1150GS
01 BMW R1100S (sold)
01 KTM Duke II (for sale)
Old 10-17-2003, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

i SPOKE WITH THE "NEW" OWNERS OF mOTOLIGHTS AT THE wEST vIRGIA rALLY AND OVERHEARD THEM TALKING TO SOME OTHER FOLKS. i WOULD BE SUSPICIOUS OF "SPECIAL DEALS ON MOTOLIGHTS AS MOTOLIGHTS ONLY GIVES DEALERS/RETAILERS SPECIAL PRICING ON CERTAIN ITEMS. MY DEALER WON'T EVEN CARRY THEM BECAUSE OF THIS (NOT ENOUGH MARGIN). I PUT ON A PAIR AFTER HEARING SEVERAL RIDERS AND BOB'S (?) AT WV SPEAK SO HIGHLY OF THEM AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I REALLY LIKE THEM ON MY '02 SBX EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BLOWN TWO BULBS (BOTH COVERED BY WARRANTY BUT EASILY AND CHEAPLY REPLACED AT LOWE'S). LOTS OF INTERMEDIATE "FILL LIGHTING" WHICH GIVES ME MORE CONFIDENCE IN TIGHT CORNERS. HEY, HOW DO YOU LIKE THE BACKWARDS CAPS? THANKS MICHELOB!

Last edited by dannyleo; 10-17-2003 at 02:04 PM..
Old 10-17-2003, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

THE BULBS ARE COVERED BY WARANTEE AND REPLACED FOR FREE BY MOTOLIGHTS!!!!....

http://www.motolight.com/

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming,"'WOO HOO! What a ride!"
Old 10-17-2003, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I know
. It was just easier to stop on the road and replace them rather than wait until I got home. I am REALLY impressed with them (Motolights)and highly recommend them. I secretly wanted my lights up under the fairing but they, and the the PIAA guys in West Virginia both said there wasn't enough room on an "S". My best friend (MC Cop over 20 years) said that some Canadian study said that the triangle formed by the Motolights (mine are caliper mounted, looked better than the 'hose-clamp' mount of yore) was the safest and most recognizable (both in time of recognition and estimated speed). Man, 10 years ago, I would have painted by bike stealth, flat black. Now, I have reflective tape on the saddlebags and the Motolights!

Last edited by dannyleo; 10-17-2003 at 02:25 PM..
Old 10-17-2003, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

i ran motolights on my K11. have PIAA1100X's on the R11S. no contest, PIAA is the real deal. no need for "fill" when the road is lit like high noon! course, they're still not HID, but damn suhweet, regardless.
2009 F800GS. has a better saddle. and other stuff. (sold)
2016 R12GSW 3Black. wow.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

bikerfish, I have only one word for you: Pictures.

We must have pictures.
03 BMW R1150GS
01 BMW R1100S (sold)
01 KTM Duke II (for sale)
Old 10-17-2003, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

so, are these the headlights you were looking to see????
Old 10-17-2003, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

(sorry, couldn't help myself on that one. seemed like such a good setup, ya know?)
these are the PIAA's on rottenbiker's S, taken at the Maine checkpoint during this year's Iron Butt. (check out gumby & pokey!)
i'll take a series of pics of the lights on mine, fired up, after it's done getting dark here.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

damn, it didn't take the pic! let's try again.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Joe

Last edited by Joe; 10-17-2003 at 05:52 PM..
Old 10-17-2003, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

WILL TRY THIS AGAIN...... HI BEAM & PIAAs
Old 10-17-2003, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

and now just the hi beam
Old 10-17-2003, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

just the head on view of the bike
Old 10-17-2003, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Hey...I just blew a PIAA 1100X bulb 2 weeks ago...called everybody, no replacement bulbs anywhere in the country,CBT imports said a production run will begin in late Oct in Japan...finally located a spare from Bob's BMW in Maryland.I installed it, switched them on with motor off,the original bulb blew immediately.I called CBT and was livid(40.00 per bulb).They promised me 2 new bulbs at no charge mid-November.12.8volts motor off,14.2 running....should not have happened.They might want the old bulbs for inspection.I can't believe I damaged the original bulb running it solo for 2 weeks...
Old 10-17-2003, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Hi, Perhaps the PIAAs (and those look quite nice Bikerfish) may be better for a long distance or high speed pencil beam, but otherwise, I'll stick with my Motolights (caliper mounts thank you)! A riding buddy likes them so much, he's ordered a pair for his duck .

Later, BB

Old 10-18-2003, 12:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: