Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

>>They owe me one other accessory anyway, so they're just going to ship it to me then. I should have it in a week, which probably means we'll all get ours at about the same time.

Roger, I am assuming this applies to the exhaust clamp that I did not receive with mine, es verdad?

03 BMW R1150GS
01 BMW R1100S (sold)
01 KTM Duke II (for sale)
Old 02-11-2004, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

No, I"m the only one that ended up shorted. I definitely packed the clamp in yours. It's quite small. Please check your packing materials and the main box. It's not in the white box.

roger

OnRoad OffRoad Cycles, Austin, TX: BMW, Ital, Suspension, Electrics
Dealer for K-Tech, JRI, GP Suspension, Penske, Íhlins, RaceTech, Elka, Wilbers, IKON & Works
www.ororcycle.com

CMRA EXPERT #841
Various Formula 5, 6 & 7 championships 2006-2012

A3, Navigator,
Old 02-11-2004, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Ours showed up. Well, rather my brothers showed up :P. He said everything looks in order, hes reading up on it all now.
Thanks again Roger. I look forward to seeing how bad off my Vettes motor is

Matt
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 02-11-2004, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

My bad, Roger.

I found it in the packaging last night.

Thanks.
03 BMW R1150GS
01 BMW R1100S (sold)
01 KTM Duke II (for sale)
Old 02-12-2004, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Whew, you'd scared me. I guess I could have labeled it better, but I'm not exactly an expert shipping and receiving department. No two of the boxes I shipped looked or weighed the same.

thanks for keeping me updated. I can cross that worry off the list
take care
roger

Dealer for K-Tech, JRI, GP Suspension, Penske, Íhlins, RaceTech, Elka, Wilbers, IKON & Works
www.ororcycle.com

CMRA EXPERT #841

A3, Navigator,
Old 02-12-2004, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Contestants Are Briefed

Hey guys, I have been following this thread. The product interested me so I had a look. I have not posted here until now, but have enjoyed many threads. I spend most of my online free-time at ADV rider. But let's not hold our allegiance against each other .

I called Innovate and spoke with Cort a while. I got some questions answered, and we talked a bit.

He sent me some data on his product. My take is that is that the product is a good one. You should enjoy logging the data and viewing the results. I am local, I could ride down and have a look.

At some point, if you like, those who have can send me the ascii text files (CSV or TSV I hope (Comma or Tab Separated Values)).

I should be able to graph them in additional useful ways, and post the images.

Also, this logger has an analog output that can be used to convert the wide band sensor output into a narrow band for the Motronic ECU. I like this feature.

I would think that mounting the wide band sensor in the factory location would be easiest and best. And allow the logger's 'narrow band analog output' to provide narrow band O2 sensor input for the Motronic.

- Jim

Last edited by Poolside; 02-12-2004 at 07:40 PM..
Old 02-12-2004, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Contestants Are Briefed

I have been looking at the logger operating manual. And the data files are saved in DIF (Data Interchange Format). It should be fine to import into most graphing packages.

Of electrical interest -

The Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), on the R motor, has two outputs. One of the outputs is a 0-5V range, covering 0░ to 23░ or so. And the other is from roughly 20░ to 90░. This will affect the way you interpret your data.

It is useful to see Throttle Position as a 0-100% (idle to full throttle) value. The TPS on our motors will not allow a direct interpretation of a single 0-100% scale. But the software 'data viewer' supplied with the logger should allow the viewing of two scales. One labeled 0-20%, and the other labeled 20-100%. This will require voltage measurement and software configuration by the user.

You will be able to configure two of the logger's analog inputs for the TPS to do this. But data shared from other's bikes, and read on your software MAY require some adjustment.

Sharing data MAY require the sender to provide their software 'scale calibration' values, so that when you share data, it will be consistent. The software's native file format may save these 'scale calibration' values so it will all be taken care of.

- Jim
Old 02-12-2004, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Good comments Jim. That's how I was planning on looking at the TPS myself. Data import/export looks very straightforward.

It won't be worth it until I have a PCIII running, but another cool trick with the analog ouput (via suitable driver/stepper) might be an exhaust butterfly. It appears adaptable to whatever one might want to do. Maybe shut down alternator at WOT

www.ororcycle.com

CMRA EXPERT #841

A3, Navigator,
Old 02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Contestants Are Briefed

Quote:
Originally posted by roger albert
It won't be worth it until I have a PCIII running, but another cool trick with the analog ouput (via suitable driver/stepper) might be an exhaust butterfly. It appears adaptable to whatever one might want to do. Maybe shut down alternator at WOT
Good ideas about the additional Analog Output uses Roger. WOT exhaust cutout

A Power Commander. Cool.

Questions please. What are you sending to the PCIII for TPS?

And, is it a PCIII 'R' model with Ignition Remap?

- Jim
Old 02-12-2004, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Contestants Are Briefed

How is your data collection going guys?

- Jim
Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

I was looking through the Pelican Parts Tools section and noticed the Innovative products, so I did a search and came up with this thread. How useful was this tool in tuning your bikes? What issues were encountered? etc....

Old 06-26-2007, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: