Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

cold start enrichener thingie

So, I go out to my bike to fire 'er up to go home this evening and I can't get the cold start thing (used to be called a choke) to move. Completely stuck in position "c".

With a bit of throttle, I got the bike started, kept some throttle on until the engine warmed up and headed home.

Figured I couldn't be the only one with this sort of problem, so I search the board. Although no one else had the exact same problem, there are some which are pretty close and so I read that the darn thing gets sticky and needs a lube once in a while.

I pull out my ETK disc, take a look at the diagrams and figure I'll unscrew some stuff and try to get some graphite powder up in there. After removing a couple of the cover screws, the thing loosens up and moves better than when I bought the bike.

I button everything up and give it a test and all seems right.

I figure the lever must have wedged itself against the housing this morning when it was cold and I couldn't get the right leverage to free it until the screws came off.

Total repair time:
15 minutes on ETK diagrams
2 minutes with a screwdriver

Ah, if only all repairs were this quick!

badger
Old 01-06-2004, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Move to the South? Best,
Old 01-06-2004, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: