Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Where is our beef ??

The new 1200GS was launched here this month in South-Africa
100 bhp and 115 nm torque and according to the article in BIKE SA (Major South African bike mag) about 30 kg less weight !!!!

So when are we getting a 20% hike in power and a 30kg drop in weight on the S ???? - the BMW engineers must have missed this site, cause we have been asking for it on the S for long now.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - tell me it is tomorow !!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If by tommorow you mean 2005 then thats what I am expecting and in hopes of.
Matt
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Howzit Geo

I'm not long back from a couple of months in your fantastic country, I was staying just down the road from you in Mid Rand, but my friends were all in Centurion.

What a great place to launch a bike like the GS, your country is awesome, with everything a biker could want from Hartsep Dam run on Sunday am to Jozenie for the adventurous. You're right if the new benefits make it to a new S that would make for a great bike.

Have a beer from me at the Firkin !!

Cheers
PAul

Keep it sticky side down.

On a clear disk you can seek forever
Old 01-30-2004, 01:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: