Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
time wasting tosser

AMA has opened the door for BMW

With superbikes no longer running the Daytona 200, theoretically a Boxercup bike can run and win the 200 and regain BMWs past glory. AMA announced that the FormulaXtreme class now has the 200 and the infield at Daytona International Speedway has been changed in an attempt to slow the race down and make it safer for the riders. With other new rules popping up daily like today, banning quick change gear, it should make for an interesting race. Who wouldn't want to see a BMW or Buell on the podium?

Old 08-26-2004, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

don't count on it.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

Instead of 'lucifer's hammer', it could be 'der toifel's kartoffelsalat'......quick, gimme another shot of absynthe....

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Lucifer's Hammer! Don't read that book while on submarine patrol! Give you the heebie-geebies thinking about all the things you can't do because you've got x number of inches of HY80 and a couple hundred feet of salt water trapping you from reality.

However, a really good expose of what might happen when civilization comes to a screaming end. Too bad no one has made a mini-series.

.........Purple is Satire.........
Old 08-26-2004, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I thought it was Grabthar's Hammer.

>8]
03 BMW R1150GS
01 BMW R1100S (sold)
01 KTM Duke II (for sale)
Old 08-26-2004, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

No, no, no, moybin, not the NOVEL 'lucifer's hammer';
'lucifer's hammer' was a hardley-dangerous roadracer from the 1980's of some renown, being built, I think (help me out here boarders) by Don Tillie, and ridden by, among others, Jay Springsteen and I think Gary Nixon. thus the BMW R1100RS roadracer named the 'velvet sledgehammer' or somesuch from our friends at sjbmw...I personally think 'der toifel's kartoffelsalat' is clever, witty and oh-so-urbane...quick, I need yet ANOTHER shot of absynthe, preferably the brand they serve in Amsterdam (I obviously am ROAD today,as tomorrow's my 47th birthday and I'm anticipating some minimal debauchery, at the least)

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Living on borrowed time!

And, moybin, I PM'ed you about a subject near and dear to both of us....

Old 08-26-2004, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

And yet another segue from the king of thread-hijackers (yours truly, guilty-as-charged)
'However, a really good expose of what might happen when civilization comes to a screaming end.'
the list of must-reads:
'alas babylon'
'on the beach'
'war day'
'the postman'
A co-worker was the lead horse wrangler on the movie 'the postman'...had all kinds of pictures with costner, etc...I loved that line where the general is telling costner 'before the day, I was a copier machine sdalesman, now I'm the genreal and master of all I survey'
ever wonder what it would be like not to have to ever make a mortgage payment again?.....

Old 08-26-2004, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Got your PM.

Hey, I don't mind being the guy with a shallow knowledge base on scoot history. Helps get you all-knowing types to open up and share some of that all-knowing.

Old 08-26-2004, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

I want a jeprody show like this: 'I'll take classic roadracing motorcycles of the 70's and '80s for $1000.00, alex'
eoeoeoeo...the daily double!!
'What machine did Freddie Spencer win his first AMA roadrace on and where was it?
'It was an Erv Kanemoto-tuned TZ250, owned by Gary Howard, and that was spencer's first AMA race and his first victory, against all the 'name' riders of the era.
Don't worry, moybin; we all have trivia sloshing around our skulls; I'm sure you can tell me all I ever need to know about irradiated and activated steel in a confined setting and what the specific neutron flux is to reach saturation....

Old 08-26-2004, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Nice job Professor Whacko, please give my regards to Dr. Lazarus.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Yeah, I probably can, but I can't remember where I left my glasses. 'Middle' age sux!

Old 08-26-2004, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by JonyRR
And yet another segue from the king of thread-hijackers (yours truly, guilty-as-charged)
'However, a really good expose of what might happen when civilization comes to a screaming end.'
the list of must-reads:
'alas babylon'
'on the beach'
'war day'
'the postman'
I am re-hijacking this thread.

Who can forget the great MOTORCYCLE post apocalypse films:

Mad Max

and...

The Road Warrior

Beyond Thunderdome didn't have too many bikes in it, but did feature the great line "Two men enter...one man leaves.

What always amazed me about these films was supposedly there was almost no gas left in the world...yet instead of rolling around on golf carts and ponies, they've all got the biggest honkin' muscle cars and jet bikes available. Not exactly too fuel efficient, one might say.

...not to mention, where do they get the tires?

Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: