Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to texasr1100s Send a message via Yahoo to texasr1100s
Unhappy Foster RAD

Dear Mr.Foster I have recently called your respective business and left about three voicemails with no return call. I know you post on this forum so I am going to try and reach you this way. I own a LASER exhaust system that I bought from you and the brackets that hold the canisters in place have all snapped requiring me now to ride with wire tied around them. Could you please tell me how to get replacement brackets and if the LASER system has any warranty on them. Thanks AJC
Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I don't remember

AJC,
talked to Robert about 6 hours ago.
Here is a phone # for you.
BTW he was having phone problems when I was talking to him, went thru 3 different #.\
jeff

1-718-468-4680
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

thanks Jeff I was on the major interstate when the canisters decided to let loose. Thanks again. AJC
Old 09-07-2005, 08:01 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I believe I've read some posts about cans coming loose from less than perfect installation, but I don't recall hearing about bracket failure. There are lots of us with Lazer systems. Any other bracket failures to report?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:12 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dlong
I believe I've read some posts about cans coming loose from less than perfect installation, but I don't recall hearing about bracket failure. There are lots of us with Lazer systems. Any other bracket failures to report?
Guess not...

-ChaZ
Old 09-14-2005, 11:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
terrorist

Quote:
Originally posted by Xa3
Guess not...

-ChaZ
Well my bracket did fail...........

of course I did toss the bike end over end twice, and the rest of it is still in perfect condition and on the new bike now.........

Terrorist
Bike Share World
Old 09-14-2005, 12:20 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
Originally posted by mtne
Well my bracket did fail...........

of course I did toss the bike end over end twice, and the rest of it is still in perfect condition and on the new bike now.........
Wow! Knowing that our bikes must weight from 500 to 600 lbs. How were you able to perform the feat of tossing your bike over its end twice? You must be a weight-lifter or something...

Actually, I do hope that the person who first made this thread had his issue resolved. I am shopping around for a muffler system and I'm leaning toward Laser

-ChaZ
Old 09-14-2005, 01:38 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Hey Xa3 the Laser muffler is the best in my opinion. Robert is just so busy he is hard to get ahold of. I got the Racing Exhaust and I put about 14,000 miles on the muffler and I ride hard and fast. Anyways thanks guys. AJC
Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by texasr1100s
Hey Xa3 the Laser muffler is the best in my opinion. Robert is just so busy he is hard to get ahold of. I got the Racing Exhaust and I put about 14,000 miles on the muffler and I ride hard and fast. Anyways thanks guys. AJC
Thanks for yer input.

I'm wondering if I want one with db killer or not... I want to be loudest but not louder than harleys. What do you guys think? Don't worry about my being deafened by the loud pipes. I'm already deaf. 95% loss in my right and 90% loss in my left.

-ChaZ
Old 09-16-2005, 09:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I've got my db killers in right now. Without them, it's still not as loud as a Harley, but I think the sound and noise level with them in is just right for me as I am mostly commuting. Robert Foster told me that the db killers can be cut if you want a sound level somewhere in between. He has been very helpful to me and the Laser system is awesome!
03 BMW R1100S BCR #72
02 MV Agusta F4S
Old 09-16-2005, 10:09 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
I've got my db killers in right now. Without them, it's still not as loud as a Harley, but I think the sound and noise level with them in is just right for me as I am mostly commuting. Robert Foster told me that the db killers can be cut if you want a sound level somewhere in between. He has been very helpful to me and the Laser system is awesome!
Great then I'll somehow get one without db...

-ChaZ
Old 09-16-2005, 11:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
Hmmm

Greetings Aj,

Thank you for your post. Sorry I did not respond, I have not been here lately... I was just informed in an e-mail from a board friend with this link.

As my log reveals we did speak about this matter this month and I requested that you email pictures of the broken brackets for product safety concerns.

We are very concerned about rider safety and I wanted those pictures to evaluate them and send them to LASER R&D.

Such e-mail did not arrive.

Nor did we get any phone messages from you. We log all of our messages. We are never too busy to respond to a matter like this. We have a 24-7 customer service line, there is always someone here if you have any needs. We sell to many countries in many time zones, thus the need to have 24 hour service. Almost 30% of our sales go to Japan...

Additionally my log reveals that shortly after you purchased this system on 07/01/04 you reported to us that you had an accident and the system was damaged. You indicated that you needed replacement parts on the Laser system that involved the cans and there was a possible insurance claim. We got a call for replacement part prices from your dealer/adjuster but none were purchased. That is why we wanted the pictures. We wanted to rule out any safety issues.

This system was tested by both LASER R&D and BMW R&D for durability/longevity, I wanted pictures to see this failure. Testing is done by many methods designed to shake, rattle and destroy a product to find the weakest link. None were found and the BC-II system was approved for the BoxerCup series by BMW.

It is my intention to again ask for pictures so that we can evaluate this failure. We have had NO incident whatsoever as you describe worldwide. In fact the BC-II is one of the most securely mounted exhausts on the market.

I have no problem sending you new parts but we must have a picture or you can send them back for analysis should you want any consideration for a warranty replacement. Our warranty is the best in the exhaust market>5 years.

If not they are inexpensive.

Again, thank you for your post. The rest is up to you.

We are not hard to deal with but an allagation of a failure like this requires our immediate attention which is exactly what we gave you.

Safety is our best friend.

Let's work together and resolve this. You can contact me or any of our team 24-7.

Best!

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
LASER Engineering Exhaust Systems
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Last edited by boxercup; 09-23-2005 at 11:13 AM..
Old 09-23-2005, 11:01 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by boxercup
Additionally my log reveals that shortly after you purchased this system on 07/01/04 you reported to us that you had an accident and the system was damaged. You indicated that you needed replacement parts on the Laser system that involved the cans and there was a possible insurance claim. We got a call for replacement part prices from your dealer/adjuster but none were purchased. That is why we wanted the pictures. We wanted to rule out any safety issues.
The plot thickens . . .
Old 09-23-2005, 02:55 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Boxercup-

Didja get my e-mail? I asked you some question about your racing system but I haven't heard from you for a week or two...

-ChaZ
Old 09-23-2005, 05:25 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
Resend Chaz

Greetings Chaz,

??, in the dark here

Please resend. Be glad to be of assistance.

I will be out of the country this week so send it to Sales@FosterRAD.com and one of our team members will be of assistance. Be sure to say that you are from my favorite board>>the PPBB~!

Thanks!

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
LASER Engineering Exhaust Systems
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Last edited by boxercup; 09-25-2005 at 09:15 AM..
Old 09-25-2005, 09:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Old 09-25-2005, 09:12 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: