Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Aftermarket muffler

I am interested in replacing the original muffler with an aftermarket, especially since I can get rid of the emission box behind my gearbox. Two brothers. Anyone has experience with Two brothers? Is it LOUD like Harley with straight pipe? My wife is pretty sensitive to noise and she almost killed me when I had 1976 Kawasaki 500 Triple with aftermarket chamber. I listened to the sound sample on Two Brother's web and didn't think it was that bad. I just want to get other people's opinion.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

two bros.

I have a two brothers on my S, which is what was on it when I bought it. It's OK. It has a 'popping' sound to it, which doesn't impress me. I like the deeper sound of a Ducati. A good friend of mine has a 748 and thinks my bike sounds pretty good. I haven't had the opportunity to hear a Remus or Staintune. I do like the idea of the true dual pipe systems like the Remus or Staintune and think they provide a better sound and performance. The volume isn't bad at all. I don't think I offend anyone with my bike (and I live in a very close quarter neighborhood) unless I really crack the throttle.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
I have the stock exhaust and I even get a popping noise when rapidly letting off the throttle. Speaking of Rapid... you still got the Remus for sale?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Barback King

Yes I do, shined up and waiting for the guy with the $$$.
Speaking of which, I just lowered the price for Pelican members...$600 shipped in the good ol US of A!
...p.s....some one just made me an offer..but I ain't takin' it...
Old 10-20-2005, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

If I had the spare dollars I'd have Rapid Dog's on my bike right now. Two Brothers Racing wants more for just the mufflers than he wants for the whole system. And the pictures look BEAUTIFUL!!
I cry and get a woody every time I look at his Remus.
Maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow night....
Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Do a search on 2 brothers. You'll see some griping about having to repack the mufflers more often and the seller doesn't divulge the information on how often you have to do it or your cans get tooooo hot and melt your tail assembly.

-ChaZ
Old 10-20-2005, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered

I had the TBR carbon fiber mufflers and they were crap. They popped rivets and the carbon fiber was too fragile and cracked at the holes the rivets went through. I had a Remus on my RS and LOVED it.
Rapid Dog's Remus is a hell of a deal.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Barback King

(blush!)

I cry and get a woody every time I look at his Remus

I didn't know you cared Dukie!

IMO the 2B is a noisy, wall-eyed, ill-sounding set odf cans, and from everything I've read, generally a pie of krap...

Go Vanderlinde, Laser, or Remus...(before I change my mind!!!)
Old 10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Barback King

...you're teasin me with my own private parts, er, extra parts...maybe I should try it out...but the Vander works so good, and sounds so pleasant....
Old 10-20-2005, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rapid Dog-

Pie of krap? Is that a cooked version of pile of krap?

And what's up with your avatar? Going through divorce/bankruptcy/job termination? It look so gloomy compared to your past avatars...

-ChaZ
Old 10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Barback King

pi

...zactly...

Quote:
PIE, n. [Gr. thick; or from mixing.]

An article of food consisting of paste baked with something in it or under it, as krap, etc., &c.]

Hey man...don' you know it's Hollowein!?!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Barback King

Serg dude, PM me again, I got a notice that my PM box was full....or randyj@usaltg.com...dude...
Old 10-20-2005, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Joe
Just to set the record straight.............I had a TBR aluminum can system with over 50k mi on it other then repacking it. It was trouble free and about half the weight of any of the SS systems. A good benefit since it's carried so high..............power wise there is maybe 1-2 hp difference between any system out there. If you want a system for posing get anything that makes you feel good. If your buying it for performance weight is the biggest difference.

BTW.......I'm running stock(heavy) cans with a TBR eliminator.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to texasr1100s Send a message via Yahoo to texasr1100s
I went with the Laser system (racing) it is fairly loud but I heard the street version is not too bad though...AJC
Old 10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
www.s-boxer.de tested a few systems... if you are good at reading German: http://www.s-boxer.de/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=4
Old 10-20-2005, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I have the Laser Race System on one S and Remus on the other. The Laser system is awesome, but if you are concerned about noise (and keeping the wife happy) the Remus is the way to go. It's about the same sound level as the Laser with the db Killers installed, sounds smoother, and is easier to install. I'd buy Rapid's exhaust if I didn't already have one.
03 BMW R1100S BCR #72
02 MV Agusta F4S
Old 10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Re: pi

Quote:
Originally posted by Rapid Dog
Hey man...don' you know it's Hollowein!?!
I think you've been drinking too many stein for halloween

-ChaZ
Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Re: Aftermarket muffler

Quote:
Originally posted by smilygo
...My wife is pretty sensitive to noise and she almost killed me when I had 1976 Kawasaki 500 Triple with aftermarket chamber. I listened to the sound sample on Two Brother's web and didn't think it was that bad.
Alright, smilygo! I've owned a couple of '73 H-1 500 Triples, and they make absolute music (and a cloud of two-stroke smoke) when they come on the pipe. Nothing like that great sound.

I had to laugh when listening to that sound bite on the Two Bros. website - hear the Beemer start and rev, and then.... CLUNK.... as they drop it into gear and drive away. BMW gearbox music?!?
Old 10-21-2005, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rapid, Put on the REMUS and sell ME the Vander. O/T Seat came back from Mayer---PERFECT. Carved out to fit my fat a_ _ .
Old 10-21-2005, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Barback King

let's see some pics...I'll have to kick around that Remus dealio...need time to do the swap and road test...

Old 10-21-2005, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: