Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fenring,
its stable. the only issue is strong cross wind can cause the bike to move if you're spacing out and not watching what you're doing. Normal riding no problem.

Bob,
I have my wheels done by a shop that has CLEAN plastic protectors when changing the tires. I've gone thru 30K + miles on tires, and not scratches. BTW tires last much longer than heavier wheels.
jeff

95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
same here. have changed tire sets about 6~8 times. not a scratch yet. and the rims seem to be stronger than the tire changing machine, so no worries there either.

about the only thing you want is a patient tire changing guy, someone who won't just slap on a tire and glue down a bunch of weights. sometimes it's worth a few extra minutes to fiddle around with a tire/wheel combo, moving the tire around on the rim to find the best sweet spot before adding in any balancing weights. most guys won't do it, a few (like my ducati dealer), is happy to accommodate, and bill accordingly (it's an extra $10 per wheel).

haven't had any noticable stability problems, but it does take some time to adjust to CF wheels. if you flick the bike into a corner like you do with stock wheels, you'll find yourself rubbing shoulder with a mountain, or in my case, riding through the ice plant that borders the fwy on-ramp. the bike is much more responsive.

Disclaimer: Your screams of terror (price) and giggles of joy (performance) may vary. See your demented dealer for details.

PS: Hey Jeff, what's a "Randon" act of kindness?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Brad,
I flipped a coin and you won !!!
Randon eh!
or how about..... I like flowers, want some.

BTW here is some pics BST just sent me

Did you know . . .

BST makes carbon parts and accessories for a number of motorcycles. We also manufacture the carbon parts for local parts manufacturer Gorilla Zilla Products they produce magnificent (and well priced!) accessories. Their range is good and their quality is great really nice designs and beautifully made. They make everything from the fully adjustable rear sets including the carbon heel plates to the gas caps and clip-ons with carbon fiber or aluminum handle bars. They also make steering damper kits. Check out their range on their web site www.gorillazillaproducts.com or contact them direct at lionel@gorillazillaproducts.com.

95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: