Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BMW Roundel

Jeff,
What are the dates of the remaining two Triple Crown?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)
I don't remember

moki,moki,moki,
don't you know that we're dyslexic and cann't count. Their are three more rides; end of June, end of Aug, end of Sept.,(http://www.bradzimmerman.com/triplecrown/).
If you go we can make fun of Motoyoyo because we know what we know about how he used to pick up girls,("Hey wanta go ride a dirt bike?"). He admitted it,(under questioning about 2 timing his old girl friend by going riding with my,unknown but later,wife), while we plied him with booze,(ol' dirty bastyrd, fits eh).
Hope you can make it.
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 04-24-2006, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #202 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
Hello all.

What a wonderful ride I had and what great riding guys you all are (except for that hot rod guy -- you would think that some woman may have told him by now that being the fastest is not necessarily the bestest.. what a horrific danger he was to everyone else).

I do a lot of social planning and I know what it took for Brad and Rochelle to not only organize the ride before, during and after, put also to put on that great BBQ. There is a lot of expense and time/energy to prepare such a meal. I cannot thank you enough! I'm sorry I was so exhausted that I didn't stay to help you clean up.

As I mentioned above, you guys are great to ride with. You ride with organization and politeness. No one came along side of me and revved up to scare the begeezus out of me as people have done on other rides and overall you people are just good boys. Even the gay ones (E & J).

I lost my riding glasses, an elderly senile probably non funcioning man caused me to tip over, I broke a nail, got gasoline all over me (you should have seen when I lit up my cigar -- the whole thing puffed up) and aside from the 53 year old aches and pains I had a GREAT time.

Again thank you all and if someone posts a picture of me again from the backside (or even the front side if I still look like an orca I will hunt you down!

Regards,

Cyndy Mollica
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 04-24-2006, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #203 (permalink)

That was a good ride with a good group and a nice area to do it.

Brad and Rochelle, thanks for the all the time and effort involved in the planning of the whole operation, I'm sure it took quite a bit for a group this size.

Here's a link to the few pics I snapped:
Triple Crown One

But doesn't Jeff seem a little short to be riding one of these?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)
Max Distance KeyFlinger

Just to clarify a few things...You toss keys, but you flick a wart. Potatoes don't have parents. And I had a great time!!! Brad and Rochelle are wonderful hosts and have set a standard that many would struggle to maintain.
I got home at 5pm after blasting through Foxen Canyon...tired but smiling! Thanks to all that participated, til next time.

2012 BMW R1200GSA~HNG UP
Old 04-24-2006, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #205 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
Even after saying the statement of the orca, my own husband posts a pix of me bending over trying to save a little bunny. What a guy! He had a good laugh when I pointed "it" out! LOL.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #206 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Tony, something seems to be wrong with your camera, you might need to send it in to Olympus... my hair looks grey, that's just not right.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #207 (permalink)

I had a blast as well! Nice to meet the group and I'm looking forward to the next ride. Thanks Brad and Rochelle for putting this together! It was a great ride! I'll definately be hitting some of those roads again in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Keith
Old 04-24-2006, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #208 (permalink)

Just wanted to thank everyone for a great ride on Saturday! (Especially Rochelle and Brad) It was nice to finally put a face to some of the names on this board. I'm looking forward to another in the near future and only hope the weather is better next time...

Josh
Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #209 (permalink)

Sergio, I'll have that checked.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #210 (permalink)

Excellent ride. Thanks Brad and Rochelle for all your time, effort and expense you guys put into making this a first class gathering. You set a high standard for others to follow, that's for sure. Thanks.

Well I would have posted some pics if I had any, but I was too busy most of the time trying to figure out where the heck I was and where I was supposed to be. I started out the day towards the back of the 22 or so riders and ended up pretty much taking over sweep duties trying to keep the everyone together. Believe me, it was tough being in an unfamiliar area with three pages of route information to try to figure out. It was fun though and made me wish I had paid more attention to reading hash marks in those enduros I did many years ago.

Ironically, I ended up losing track of the guys I was helping out and they found their own way to the lunch stop before I got there. Good job guys. Had a terrific time when I hooked up with John Lyon and Rapid Dog, so it was all worth it in the end. Sorry I missed all the fun in the lead group but it sounds like you had plenty of excitment too. Fun stuff!. A little wet, a little cold, a little confusing...a lot awesome!! Thanks guys.

Oh BTW, Jeff looks a bit short for that Husky, but he looks about the right height to turn around and give me a big hug...

'98 R1100S - Triple Clamps, 10mm Shortened Telelever
2007 S2R1000, 2008 KTM 990 SDR
Old 04-24-2006, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #211 (permalink)
Barback King

...really nifty! Dirt roads and everthang!

My take on the deal, frikkin' great fun!

Thanks to Brad for putting so much effort into the ride.
Really, it was absolutely fab, honest,
(at least the parts I was there for...)
Hey! and especially the Indian reservation!

Thanks to the lovely and talented Rochelle for such a
great effort, good food at lunch, and keeping tabs on us all.

My personsal thanks to VetteRacer for stickin' right with
me on the 70+ mile lane-splitting test. and also for having
the patience to stop when I had to pull over and fix the
zipper on my jacket...Matt thought I was just doing my
Jesse James impression, coat tails flappin in the wind.
You did good kid.

...and to John Lyon for having the foresight to bring a
GPS (or whatever that thing was he kept looking at)
Hell, I'da brought a map but I was in a hurry...

Oh, and thanks to Jeffro for insisting on singing to me the
"Happy Birthday" song in front of everyone...
how embarrassingly sweet!

(P.S., note to forum we need to get a fund together to
get Motoyoyo some warmer gear...)

The only regret I have is that I didn't get to jacuzzi with
you guys...O.K., I didn't get to Jacuzzi with Rochelle...
(sorry Brad).

Best part was getting to l know my S again.
I think I'll be keeping her for a while.

Dude!

Uh Oh...looks like Scott has made a new friend...

"Gee Brad, I'm at least this much taller than you!...cleaner too!"

The String Cheese Incident...

"So I sez...and den he sez...and so I trows his key inna' bush...HA!"

...and on the way home, more wet weather!
Old 04-24-2006, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #212 (permalink)
Barback King

...anyone heard what's up with Steve Carlton?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #213 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Rapid, it was great finally meeting you even though Jeff and I lost ya man! You took off straight and I was screaming.... Noooooooo. Find the way back I gather?
Old 04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #214 (permalink)
Barback King

...call me "Wrong-way Rex"...follow me and you'll end up lost but you'll get there fast...yep, I got home by 5:20pm with a smile on my face.
There was a second turn-off "78 to the 15" about 2 blocks down believ it or not
Old 04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rochelle
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was happy to be a part of the 1st California Triple Crown ride.

I will admit that when I left you all at the hotel Saturday morning to go load the van for the gas splash and lunch I was a little jealous ... no A LOT jealous. I kinda felt like the kid in school that didn't get to go on the field trip because I didn't turn in my signed permission slip. But after I pulled the van over and watched you all start the ride down Highway 76 I felt better knowing that all the work that was put into it to up to that point had paid off. As I counted 1,2,3 all the way to 19 riders, I knew you all were about to experience the roads that Brad and I have had fun riding while putting the course together, at the same time laughing thinking about who was going to get lost.

It was fun listening to the stories at the bar-b-q, and hearing the reasons people had for getting lost on a course that:
#1 was marked
#2 they had a map of
#3 they had a turn by turn route sheet

All kidding aside, you're a great group of people. It was nice to see those of you that I have met before and to meet everyone else.

I'm looking forward to the California Triple Crown ride #2 where I'll be on the ride with you all.

See everyone in six weeks.
Be safe

Rochelle
Old 04-24-2006, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #216 (permalink)
Barback King

...so, it was planned after all...well we got "behind" because we waited for Mr. Lyon to return with the bad news...that we where lost?...no, that everyone else had gone passed us while we waited for them at the wrong turn...er sumpin' sumpin'...actually I was following Brad and he just sorta, um, walked away from me...
Old 04-24-2006, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)
Thread Killer

I just got home a little while ago. Bike got rear-ended on the way in Friday night at 7pm in Santa Monica. I just got jolted, and the bike didn't go down, but the luggage went skidding down Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1) along with the license plate bracket. Bike got towed to a local dealer to get repaired, so all I could do was attend the breakfasts and BBQ.

Turnout was strong and it was fun seeing the familiar faces and meeting the new ones.

Special thanks to Tony & Cyndy for buying everybody's breakfast on Sunday morning!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #218 (permalink)
Barback King

Hey! I missed out on the free breaky too?
So Steve-o, what was the outcome of the bike?
Ride it back?
New threaded?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #219 (permalink)
Thread Killer

Bike's at Irv Seaver Motorcycles because the U-clamp at the bottom of the rear shock was fractured by the impact, resulting in a Harley V-Rod kind of look when it gave way on the freeway. I'd guess it'll take a couple of weeks to get repaired, as the swingarm was scraped up by the shock when it broke loose.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #220 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: