Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

R1200S N8 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOn5lpKOywY
Old 10-11-2006, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cyclone Jack

Garage
Great video. Where else can we follow N8's progress? I would love to have the 12, just not in the budget... YET

Last edited by hawkeyejohn14; 10-11-2006 at 03:31 PM..
Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Thread Killer

Hey, I got to be the first one to rate it! Ha ha...
Old 10-11-2006, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Barback King

wowee...kool stuff...glad to see BMW jumping allover the chance to get some free media...
Old 10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Carlton
Hey, I got to be the first one to rate it! Ha ha...

Laugh all you wanna, I got to be second ..BUT and more importantly...I was FIRST to make a comment! muuhahaaha!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

You guys are a trip! lol

N8!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Great vid. A realy awesome side to watch N8 and the R in action.

'09 Aprilia Scarabeo 250 i.e.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by racegun
Laugh all you wanna, I got to be second ..BUT and more importantly...I was FIRST to make a comment! muuhahaaha!
heck with that, I had breakfast with N8, he knows my name and he'll get me pit passes for his races

I was born a rightie but now I'm a leftie.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Cyclone Jack

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by N8Kern
You guys are a trip! lol

N8!
Cool video and pic, I shared both with my son, he loved them. If you happen to catch this or if any other informed person does, what does the spoiler do for the S. Is it for down force on the front wheel or something else.

2nd N8 ? are you using any kind of electronic wheel spin control from BMW or have you tested it yet? They claim it's not for racing or sport bikes but it seems to make sense since the bikes are making so much power now.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I think traction control is gret for the real world riding on the street. As for racing, I have never used or tried out traction control on a bike. I personally feel it should not be legal for racing. It takes away from the pure sense of racing. People pay to see ability, racers race to prove their abilities. traction control in racing just does not allow the pureness and is to much of an aid/makes up for ability to control wheelspin.
When I go see a race, I wanna see all crossed up sideways action. Who can manage their contact patch the best!!! Boring to see to smooth and toatally predictable exits off of corners.

my .02!

As for the "spoiler", did you mean belly pan John?

It is mandatory in racing to have a catch pan for oil/fluids in an event something leaks. It does helps with a bit less drag too.

AC Schnitzer make s a really nice belly bpan for the R1200S, but neither Bobby or I have been able to locate one.

I think we maybe racing in Iowa in 2007 and you and your son should definatley come an be part of the team!

Flatty, there are a few hundred BMW VIP passes for the Race Of Champions weekend at Daytona. It is a really cool shot on the ticket too! If I can snag one that is not used or has been i will for you.

Just rode the R1200R.... just an alla round performer.

N8!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by flatbutt
heck with that, I had breakfast with N8, he knows my name and he'll get me pit passes for his races
I promise you, if I lived with in 200 miles, I would not only eat meals w/ N8, but he would have me working on his bike ( when he did not have time)....cause dave can wrench, like Emerial can cook!

Old 10-12-2006, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Cyclone Jack

Garage
Quote:
I think traction control is gret for the real world riding on the street. As for racing, I have never used or tried out traction control on a bike. I personally feel it should not be legal for racing. It takes away from the pure sense of racing. People pay to see ability, racers race to prove their abilities. traction control in racing just does not allow the pureness and is to much of an aid/makes up for ability to control wheelspin.
When I go see a race, I wanna see all crossed up sideways action. Who can manage their contact patch the best!!! Boring to see to smooth and toatally predictable exits off of corners.

my .02!

As for the "spoiler", did you mean belly pan John?

It is mandatory in racing to have a catch pan for oil/fluids in an event something leaks. It does helps with a bit less drag too.

AC Schnitzer make s a really nice belly bpan for the R1200S, but neither Bobby or I have been able to locate one.

I think we maybe racing in Iowa in 2007 and you and your son should definatley come an be part of the team!

Flatty, there are a few hundred BMW VIP passes for the Race Of Champions weekend at Daytona. It is a really cool shot on the ticket too! If I can snag one that is not used or has been i will for you.

Just rode the R1200R.... just an alla round performer.

N8!
Yes, belly pan;it makes sense thanks for the info. I like the look better with out, but that's just my taste.

How can we follow your progress (like if you come to Iowa) and support the cause, do you have merchandise to sell that supports your grail or should I just support the dealership. I like what your doing, no I love what your doing (besides selling more R1200S's for BMW).

You must not be a fan of GP and I agree it takes something out of the excitement, but it is where I feel the top racing is going on. Super Bike does'nt seem to be as high on the radar with our sad motorad rags not tellling your story... Oh ***** I have hijacked the thread in my fawning, but It is so f@#*ing cool to see what you can do with the S. I want to see some R riding.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

HawkeyeJohn, You NEED to see N8 Race. It is truly amazing to watch him work his magic with those big jugs sticking out the sides. I had planned to head to Daytona to watch the ST event but now it looks like my plans have changed. What a drag b/c I really want to see N8, Brian Parriott and the other guys on the BMW's amaze everyone! Now I'll have to read about it on the forum.

2004 R1100S
2004 HD FLH-P
Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
...elica rossa...

Garage
Quote:
...AC Schnitzer makes a really nice belly pan for the R1200S, but neither Bobby or I have been able to locate one...
...N8 ; maybe you (or Bobby) should just order one in Germany ; I'm sure Herr Vondenhoff from AC-Schnitzer / Aachen can help you out...

...he brought me in contact with a Dutch AC-Schnitzer 'stuff' dealer, and within a week I had one at home...

R1200S + R1200RT
Old 10-13-2006, 01:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

RoLoo, that would be great. I would love to get one ASAP.

Thak you,

N8!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
...elica rossa...

Garage
(Nate ; I PM-ed you also)

R1200S + R1200RT
Old 10-13-2006, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: