Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
No try, do or not do

Garage
chip explanation

i am slowly upgrading my engine, and have asked this a few times already, but i will try one more time. what exactly does the stock "chip" do compared to the upgrade alternatives. i have replaced the stock exhaust with the Laser system (no cat converter) this has certainly made the bike sound better, maybe even perform better. I am also thinking of changing out the stock intake with the InDuct and the PowerFilter. It seems that increasing the ability of the engine to breath in and out, should be a pretty good place to start. So what role does the chip play in this. does the chip assess "real time" conditions and adjust accordingly, or does it just have an assumed set of conditions and adjusts fuel ratio accordingly. a bit of insight on this is more than welcom. thanks!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

similar question was asked on this thread which I have linked... check out Brad Blacks answer in that thread. Hope this helps.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r1100s-r1200s-tech-forum/24278-motronic-capabilities.html#post133891

Last edited by wswartzwel; 10-22-2006 at 05:19 PM..
Old 10-22-2006, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: