Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to stage1scott
away we go!!!

wow-everyone must have been packing last night. not a comment after 1030 in the morning. 6 30 am friday, gotta take the boy to school, get some cash and head south-hope everyone has a good trip to oceanside!!

2008 MINI Cooper S shop car, 250 whp,290 tq
Old 05-18-2007, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #221 (permalink)

Which of the 2 "ride headquarters" hotels are we meeting at today for the Camp Pendleton extravaganza?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #222 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
...what a great bunch of people you are!

Thanks to everyone involved today... I had a blast and enjoyed most of the 342 miles I put on the odometer ('xept the ones I rode "leg up").

Get-together was awesome... Brad and Sonny - YOU GUYS ARE GREAT HOSTS!!!

Learned quite a bit of new roads today and got to enjoy some old ones as well.... I WILL definitely try to make the next ride! Thank you folks for making me feel welcome!
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 05-19-2007, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #223 (permalink)

Just got home, great ride, great people, tired.
This has to be the first ride that I ate all day.
It seemed like when ever we stopped food came out.
Thanks again for all the help,(Sonny).
BTW Sonny, when my daughter saw the small shirt she TOOK it.
I think I'll need another one if you can, Thanks.
cya soon,
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-20-2007, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #224 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

hmmmm.... took you a little longer than you thought, jeff?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #225 (permalink)

Well........ actually left at 6:05am got in at 9:45am, 2 gas stops, 1 quick breakfast,248 miles. Just tired and doing my honey do list.
jeff
Old 05-20-2007, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #226 (permalink)

I wanna Live 'til I die!

...did I mention: You are nuts!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #227 (permalink)

yep...soo...what you point
Old 05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #228 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Hmmm... I don't have one, I guess!. Thank you again for the spices, btw. I followed your advice and mixed some black pepper in...

Here are some pics, I did not take as many as I'd have liked to....

...the morning before the ride

...the first stop

...first "nutrition stop...

...rolling in to the "scenic stop"

...the scenic stop

...again!

I hope that there will be more form others... maybe some of the video that Ivan took one handed while tearing up Engineer road with the other!?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #229 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Looks like good times as always.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #230 (permalink)

signet, thanks for some great pics. Glad you made the ride and got to meet a bunch more Pelicans.
Just an amazing group of people from my experience. Oh ya, Jeff is nuts, but in a good way

'98 R1100S - Triple Clamps, 10mm Shortened Telelever
2007 Ducati S2R1000, 2008 KTM 990SDR
Old 05-20-2007, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #231 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
Tony and I got back at about 5:30 pm. After the morning ride we hung out with Tuna and Jose and had a great lunch at Maggiano's off Topanga. Of all things, Shelly passed us hauling a_s a little north of Irvine. This is my 5th or 6th triple crown and as always it was great again. I never want to go home after a weekend like this and spending time with all of you. I can see where the term "male bonding" comes from.

Thank you Brad, Sonny, Patrick and family for the wonderful and exceptional hospitality. The food was excellent as was the entertainment. Can you guys believe that the wife had gallbladder surgery just 2 days before? She was a wonderful hostess -- even in pain.

As always it was so great to see everyone again and to ride with you all. I believe there were 19 riders in total, but alas, the presence of motoyoyo, bingo, john lyon and wheelie boy were definitely missed.

But of all the thanks, I would really like to thank Williams. You see, he left at about 6:00 a.m. thus avoiding having to dump us during the ride home as he did on the ride there! (Inside jab).

Lastly, to the man who had the first date with a woman he had not met (avoid names when teasing on this subject as old flames may be reading this stuff) , your first date with her and she ends up with all of us for 2 days? What were you thinking???

Hee hee hee.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto

Last edited by Cyndy; 05-20-2007 at 09:13 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #232 (permalink)

Holy krap that was fun!!!!
Holy krap that was fun!!!!

Hey Iv', I missed my plane. Bummer. Oh well, the next one was only 1 hour later. The tour of nowhere (north of airport looking for food) was fun, so whatever...all's well that ends well.

Vicki had an accident coming to DFW to pick me up. Everyone's okay thank God. Just goes to show you, we tear it up all over the face of the earth and no scars, and then that happens on a freeway in north Dallas where everyone's going the same direction??!@#$. Go figure.

I really enjoyed meeting each and every one of you. Thanks especially to Brad and Sonny (and fam) for their unbelievable hospitality.

You are all great riders!! I wish I lived there and could "study" the roads to become a better rider.

Thanks once more for letting me join in.

Ivan, its clear to me more than ever why you'll always be at the top my list. You are a gas to hang with. Thanks pal.

Kerry
Old 05-20-2007, 09:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #233 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...never stated anything different, Scott... it was fun all around! And yes, you were and are right, a great group!

Fun riding with those guys... when you ride bigger groups, normally there is reason for concern... not with this one, no "superstars" and no lagging either... never felt like riding with a group of 19 bikes!

I had quite the experience when following Ivan and Jeff on Engineer road... see, I did not like this road until now, because of all the bumps, general road condition and such... well, turns out that - at the speed we were going - one can ignore most of these bumps,, holes and creases... one never stops learning, I guess

I'll try to make the next two rides and hopefully meet some more of you guys... and some of the ones I just met!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #234 (permalink)

made it home

I only have a couple of pics though. This was another stellar riding weekend, with all the usual stuff we rave about-great food, great company, excellent roads, some new riders joining the group, taking up the slack for those who could not be with us. WHAT A GREAT TIME!! SPECIAL THANKS TO USMC COL. SONNY LISTON, FOR HIS VERY SPECIAL ADDITION TO THIS RIDE, THE HELICOPTER TRAINING SIMULATORS!!!
AND
For the great folks who have watched my struggle to regain my once good riding skills-waited patiently for me to catch up on various rides-put up with my ongoing whining about aches and pains--here is a quick recount from this years 2 rides. on the santa barbara weekend, I didless than 360 miles total and suffered with anumb right arm for 4 days afterwards and was considering giving up riding for the 2nd time. This weekend, I did almost 600 total-Roger and I went and re did some of yesterdays ride again today before i left to come home at 445 pm. My arm/shoulder/wrist are a bit sore tonight, but for those who were not there or do not know-I replaced muy beloved K1200RS with an 05 R1200GS!!! WHAT A FABULOUS MOTORCYCLE!! light steering, quick turning, loooong suspension soaks up everything, I believe I have reagained 80%of my once good riding skills and am looking forward to more seat time, instead of dreading the pain after a days riding!! Once again, thanks to Brad, Sonny, Patrick and everyone else for making this another meorable weekend!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #235 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...don't kid yourself, Scott... I had you filling my rear view more than once while going at very reasonable rates of speed... if that's bad, I do not want to see what good!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Boy Wonder
Glad to hear that everyone made it home without any issues, well almost no issues(Kjazz)..haha
you all are welcome anytime your down in SoCal.
Jeff- if you need another small just get me your address and i will try and get one out to you....Do you need another coin???
The guy on the black bike that is in the pictures above that is not part of the group was the ******* who almost pushed me off the road...
i will try and put some of the pictures i took up soon....and hope to see you all on the next ride.

WATCH OUT FOR HARLEY RIDERS AND THOSE STRAIGHT ROADS....I KNOW THAT CAN BE HARD SOMETIMES...haha
Old 05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #237 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Scott, nice ride! Congrats. I've often thought that'd be the perfect 2nd bike for my stable. I'd just need to get use to tippy toeing it as my 30" inseam leaves me a bit lacking in the flatfoot department.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #238 (permalink)

Sorry I missed it, guys and girls. I think I see an extra, unidentified girl - is there a story there? Nice bike, Scott - still red, I see.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #239 (permalink)

STILL RED-OF COURSE

still red, I see.

JOHN-I couldn't afford all new riding gear AND a new (used) BMW!! had to stay with red, although the yellow ones kind of call to me as well.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #240 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: