Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Thread Killer

Hey, Scott. Glad to hear you found a bike that'll keep you on the road! Must be the upright riding position, huh? I rode a '99 K1200RS briefly last weekend and forgot what a Lexus it is. Welcome to twinville...

Old 05-21-2007, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #241 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
scott -- I too have the right arm/wrist/elbow problems--on right arm. Happens during tax season (10-key machine) and long rides. What was the cream you gave Matt at breakfast. Does it work?
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #242 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to stage1scott
arnica

Cyndi-ARNICA- works very good --available at whole foods market, lassens possibly some others, or online google it for the cheapest prices. usually 8-10 bucks a tube at the above stores, i buy 3 at a time.
2008 MINI Cooper S shop car, 250 whp,290 tq
Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #243 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
arnika is a plant (or in this case the extract of it) and is a natural anti inflamatory... very popular with dentists in Germany (we might ask Jeff how it is over here!?)

I did not know that there was a topical... I only know it as little pills. Works well after dental work, I can tell you that much...
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #244 (permalink)

Scott -- thanks, i'll pick some up. I always thought it was a funny place to have such intense pain but makes sense with all the strain put on those throttle muscles with about 700 miles for a weekend. I still had the pain for over a week from the Tahoe ride after putting on 1100 miles in the 3 days. Not bad this time but it is there. BTW -- I thought you rode great. Hated for you to be in back of me Sunday morning as I was so not with it and could not find the rhythm on those twisties.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #245 (permalink)

Garage
my turn.
thanks to everyone who showed up, and special thanks to the family next door (listed alphabetically that would be: eileen, kaija, patrick, shaun and sonny).
i always consider a great ride to be one where nobody fell off, and though we technically had just one minor tip-over, we has a great ride. the weather was much better and everyone was able to enjoy the entire course.

i've been on many group rides over the years, and i've learned to count on two things happening 99% of the time:

Thing #1: "something is going to happen that you expect to happen".
on this ride, there were two Thing #1's: somebody went wizzy-wig in the water crossing...and somebody got to present paperwork to the local law representative. i expected either. got both. double bonus points.

Thing #2: "something is going to happen that you DIDN'T expect to happen."
our unexpected Thing #2 was the guy on the harley davidson who ran himself off the road, probably distracted by wondering just how the hell those people on bmw's are going so friggin' fast..and there's so MANY of 'em! (sidebar: this gentleman will be having "a conversation with the Colonel" this week regarding riding attire). follow up: his bike was dragged to the local HD dealer, and his wife drove out to pick him up....i'd hate to be in the car for that ride home.

i'm also very impressed with how much people's riding skills have improved over the past couple of years of these rides. everytime we ride together it gets smoother, quicker and safer. there's always a lot of note swapping, suggestions and tips tossed around and it seems that everyone comes out the other end a better rider.

Quote:
Lastly, to the man who had the first date with a woman he had not met (avoid names when teasing on this subject as old flames may be reading this stuff) , your first date with her and she ends up with all of us for 2 days? What were you thinking???
i was thinking that i'm getting too old to waste any more time. it was the perfect blind date: toss her off the end of the pier, right into the circling frenzy of 20 of my good friends. if she doesn't like 'em (or visa versa), it saves me those 4~5 dates initial dates and the awkward "it's not you...it's...umm...me....and them."

it was better than a rock concert or a movie, where you go on a date where you're together, but don't have to deal with awkward silence because you can't hear each other talk anyway.

the only real awkard part was the nutrition break:
"so, how's it going back there for you? having fun?"
"yea, but do you think we could go about half as fast as we just did?"
"umm..well....actually, we're about to go about twice as fast in this next section...and after lunch, we're going to double that number again."
(i'm not sure who it was standing behind me that heard this, but somebody got quite a big kick out of that conversation...i think i recognized the laugh).

before the ride she knew she had two chances to bug out and head back with the chase van. never happened. by the time we came out of the desert and headed up montezuma, we were drafting a foot behind shelly at a respectable clip and all was well. she already asked about going on jeff's central CA ride...and is shopping for respectable riding pants.

thanks to everyone for a great ride. you're a fast, fun and safe group to ride with...and a pleasure to share a blind date with!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #246 (permalink)

I wanna Live 'til I die!

...WOW, that was a FIRST??? She seemed pretty comfortable on the back of your bike... Impressive, most impressive... close to being a yedi, I might add.

Who had to present paperwork, if I may ask... and when??? was that after I signed off? Missed that part, it seems... as I missed the Harley Guy incident...
Old 05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #247 (permalink)

Garage
yep a first. hadn't met any of us until friday night. i was impressed too...she got points for just showing up in the first place.

jeez, i have absolutely no idea who had to hand over paperwork, but i believe that jeff williams might know more.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #248 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

ROTFLMAO!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #249 (permalink)

Williams got nabbed. Crossing double, headphones, speed and lack of proper paperwork. He was trying to talk himself out of it and I don't know if he was going to be successful or not, but then the Colonel showed up, talked to the nice policeman and the doc merrily rode away unscathed with no ticket. It always puts a damper on things when someone gets a ticket; but I hope he was squirming a little bit cause AGAIN, I got dumped by him on Montezuma; couldn't catch up. Oh well, it's not his responsibility to babysit those less able to fly. But thanks for asking as again I have the opportunity to poke another jab.

Fondly, however, Jeff, tell your staff I'll be up there tomorrow to train on the administrative stuff.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #250 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Reminds me of that scene in Firefox with Clint Eastwood...

Official - "Your papers are not in order..."

Williams - "They're in order. Look at them again."

Official - " No. They are not in order."

Last edited by SergioK; 05-21-2007 at 09:32 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #251 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...Sigh, the least likely candidate to get a ticket gets stopped and pulled over??? What has this world come to...

Next time Cindy... I'll pull you up Montezuma... we'll let him eat our combined fumes!

Hope your pain will go away quickly!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #252 (permalink)

Jeff's gray hair wasn't going to cut it this time. He was definately ticket bound without the Colonel...

Thanks again for the great time Brad, Sonny, Patrick and family! Had a blast! Great to see everyone again and meet some new riders.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #253 (permalink)
Barback King

...Yo' Stage1 Scott, congrats on the new RED bike...looking good!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #254 (permalink)

Actually, there is another funny twist to this. On Friday morning in Santa Barbara Tuna realized he had no insurance certificate and I looked at my registration and saw it was expired. I got hell from Tony for that as he is very very astute to these things but with all the cars and the bikes this just slipped by. We immediately went to AAA to obtain the insurance and register my bike setting us back 1 hour from our schedule. Jeff never said a peep, he just motioned for us to HURRY UP! Of course we didn't know the doc didn't have his until he relayed the story of the ticket. This all happened on 76 west about 25 miles or so out of Oceanside on the reservation.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto

Last edited by Cyndy; 05-21-2007 at 10:34 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #255 (permalink)

Garage
all of which is why we decided to get everyone into and out of camp pendleton in 4-wheel vehicles. we figured there would be at least one someone left to whine, cry and kick rocks outside the gate for lack of proper pedigree proof.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #256 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...I remember rolling to a stop and looking at a plate in front of me and it said AUG 2006 - I was thinking to myself "we need to keep this one in the middle of the pack"!

I always have all my papers on the bike... makes it a lot easier, that way I don't have to worry what I have and what not... I also carry a spare key!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #257 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

so who lasted longest in the simulator without biffing it?

JEFF WILLIAMS without the required papers?

OHMYGAWD, what IS this world coming to?

I had a cop once hand my my registration back for my KTM and go...'I didn't know you could still buy a 2-stroke with a license plate'.
I changed the subject quick as I could, signed, and got the heck outta dodge...

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #258 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

so who lasted longest in the simulator without biffing it?

JEFF WILLIAMS without the required papers?

OHMYGAWD, what IS this world coming to?

I had a cop once hand my my registration back for my KTM and go...'I didn't know you could still buy a 2-stroke with a license plate'.
I changed the subject quick as I could, signed, and got the heck outta dodge...

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #259 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...I remember rolling to a stop and looking at a plate in front of me and it said AUG 2006 - I was thinking to myself "we need to keep this one in the middle of the pack"!

I always have all my papers on the bike... makes it a lot easier, that way I don't have to worry what I have and what not... I also carry a spare key!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #260 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: