Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
jony you're stuttering again.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #261 (permalink)
Registered

Once again, thanks to Brad and the entire Liston family for a great ride, food and drink AND the 'extra' stuff, too. This was a very smooth operation.

Here's a few pics:

HiRes link

HiRes link

HiRes link

{more on the way}
Old 05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #262 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
Jony... looks like we both had the same server issue
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #263 (permalink)
Registered

More pics....

HiRes link

HiRes link

HiRes link

{stil a few more on the way}
Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #264 (permalink)
Registered

And a few more...

HiRes link

HiRes link

And last, but not least...

Last edited by tm1100s; 05-21-2007 at 11:12 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #265 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...thank you tony! Did Jeff have a problem with his finger in that last picture?... I don't recall... though it looks like he is showing it directly in front of me... hmmm!?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #266 (permalink)

Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by John Lyon
I think I see an extra, unidentified girl - is there a story there?

We'll let Bradz fill you in on that. Suffice to say, she is very nice and got the trial-by-fire group intro.

Thanks and kudos to our hosts for a meticulously organized effort, terrific food drinks and entertainment. All pro! I'm unsure as to what duress the colonel placed his family under to make them all play hostie - but they did so with unerring good nature. Great family you have there, Sonny!

Wonderful to be in all your presences again, never enough time to catch up with everyone (on the road or after) and nice to meet new faces (who always prove to be just as generous as the old ones!).

Get well soon WheelieBoy - someone has to keep JW honest Sorry to be without Bingo after all the build-up, and another event with Sergio's famous flambes. The Green Flash micro brew and mountain-berry pie only partially filled that gap.

Ivan proved once again to be master of whatever two-wheeled conveyance he swings a leg over. Signit98 likewise a hard man to keep in sight. Williams was of course, well ... Williams. Gotta have some one there to chat with the local constabulary - and rather him than me!

Stage1Scott has quickly come to terms with the new mount, and all protestations aside was both a faster and happier rider than for a long time. Those of us suggesting a different bike for the last while know who we are . I predict a certain host will be the next assimilation into the GS revolution. Can IvanTT be far behind?? Scuttlebutt has it that our own beloved Shanorama was practicing peg-scraping all weekend on the new bike he thought he got for himself ...

Its always fun to ride anywhere in this pack - I've never heard a bad word exchanged (in earnest ) on a 3Crown ride - everyone has something to teach, most of us have something to learn, and everyone rides with their own limits firmly in mind.

Thanks one and all.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #267 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyndy
Williams got nabbed. Crossing double, headphones, speed and lack of proper paperwork.
I think you forgot; implausibly apologetic attitude. Most fortunate the luck of the Irish was with him ...
Old 05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #268 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom
all of which is why we decided to get everyone into and out of camp pendleton in 4-wheel vehicles. we figured there would be at least one someone left to whine, cry and kick rocks outside the gate for lack of proper pedigree proof.
That's the nicest way I ever heard anyone call Williams a mongrel. I'll have to remember that one!!

Jeffy!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwi az

Ivan proved once again to be master of whatever two-wheeled conveyance he swings a leg over. Signit98 likewise a hard man to keep in sight. Williams was of course, well ... Williams. Gotta have some one there to chat with the local constabulary - and rather him than me!
As I can't repeat myself to often... Ivan just downright baffled me... he is sitting on a loaner, apparently not a bike that he is used to in any way... we are tearing through Engineer Road at a very respectable pace and all of a sudden I see him holding his camera up with the left hand, filming JW in front of him while - of course - keeping up with im as well... the only thought that crossed my mind was : WTF?

In the end, out of everyone involved, he is the one who makes it most visible how much fun he has on a two wheeled vehicle... (that is in NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM Deminishing ANY of the other riders!) the little circles at every stop, the odd wheelie... seeing him doing switchbacks because the straight roads probably got boring to him...

I'd like to see those videos... Ivan???
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #270 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
signit98. On the SB ride, Ivan (now by this point notorious with the III crowners for riding less than qualified bikes for these events) blew a back tire on the furthermost point of the ride. I being a cohost, quite begrudingly had no choice but to give up my bike and ride on the back. Can you imagine that poor beraggled man who is now bikeless, has to give up his lovely girlfriend to Roger, and has to tow me back for 2 1/2 hours. Now you have met me. Would YOU like to have me on the back of my beloved R1100S at ANY time? It must have been a nightmare for him.

However as I have professed by written word on this forum and orally to everyone else; you are all missing it if you do not ride on the back of your own bike with that man. He is an incredible rider, smooth, effortless, and so precision skilled it is uncanny. I had no idea what my bike could do until I was on the back. In all actuality, I used that information on this ride and when I finally relaxed on the ride on Saturday, I kept saying, what would Ivan do. I did what he did and I got kudos from all these great riders for my improvement. My ego was too great to correct them all and say, it wasn't me, it was Ivan!
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #271 (permalink)

Ok,ok ok,
I feel like I'm a mormon with 10 wives and they're all b*tching at me.
Yes Sonny did save me from a ticket.
FYI it was 30 over, passing on a double line,(passed 6 cars on a long straight away, the police was the 4th car,ops), ear phones, wrong registration,(I guess the Beemer doesn't look like a Husky).
The policeman was very nice,(because I stopped), and asked me what the rush was for. I said" I'm lost and am looking for my group". He goes thru the grill routine when sonny shows up and says ,(the this is a quote), "Don't worry officer I can vouch for him, he's from Northern California" . Their is an exchange of "do you know" between them when the policeman turns to me and says," If I'm crazy enough to let you go will you stop crossing double yellow lines"?
I touch his arm lightly and say,(another quote)," I promise I will NEVER cross another double line again. I'll follow Sonny home" .
The officer looks at me for a monent....rolls his eyes... shakes his head... and walks away.
Did I mention Ivan is taking pictures from across the street the hole time.
more to come,
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-21-2007, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #272 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyndy
Now you have met me. Would YOU like to have me on the back of my beloved R1100S at ANY time? It must have been a nightmare for him.
I can't see why it would be, Cyndy... you are a rather pleasant person - of course - you have that uncanny knack for interference with nature... I loved that "rescue the wabbit from the bad bird" story.

I personally would not ride anywhere near what we did, when riding two up - as I have bad memories of riding two up.
I have much respect for how Brad handled having his lady on the back... easing into it, resisting the urge, rather than just start clipping along

I once had to swith with a friend on his bike (initially I was riding the back seat on his bike) because he hurt himself while horsing around... he was not wearing a helmet he was to cool for that - it was in the mid-seventies, no helmet law in Germany!... anyway, while going downhill in the twisties the rear tire blew and we went down hard and under a guard rail.

While I had all sorts of scrapes, cuts and bruises - yet my head was ok - he had no visible blemishes but was in a Coma for 6 months and needed 2 years of rehab work to be able to live a normal life again.

Coincidence, sure... had he worn a helmet, he would have been ok, sure... yet, ever since I have a bad feeling when having someone on the backseat and - because of that - it does not happen very often.

I admire people who can be that relaxed when riding with a passenger... that pleasure seems to be gone for me, unfortunately
Old 05-21-2007, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #273 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Williams

FYI it was 30 over, passing on a double line,(passed 6 cars on a long straight away, the police was the 4th car,ops), ear phones, wrong registration,(I guess the Beemer doesn't look like a Husky).

Brilliant, I did the same a couple of years ago.. with the difference being that I had the correct registration but the incorrect DL (the German one).

Sonny was NOT there (as a matter of fact, I din't even know about him at that time) and as a result, my bike got towed, I did get a hefty fine and ended up with a $100 cab ride from Ramona to P.B.!

All in all, a $565.00 day... but I did have fun up until that point - the tires were so hot that the pebbles on the side of the road literally melted into the rubber when I rolled out!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #274 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
quote:Originally posted by Cyndy
Now you have met me. Would YOU like to have me on the back of my beloved R1100S at ANY time? It must have been a nightmare for him.

I can't see why it would be, Cyndy... you are a rather pleasant person - of course - you have that uncanny knack for interference with nature... I loved that "rescue the wabbit from the bad bird" story.

You have a lot of guys out there chuckling right now but no one will touch this with a 10 ft. poll. They have seen too much action..

Jeffy: Got pm. I'm still home and have not looked at myy calendar. jStaff books appointments. Will call you after yours/my work tonight.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto

Last edited by Cyndy; 05-21-2007 at 01:45 PM..
Old 05-21-2007, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #275 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

that's me, cindy: innocent and unbiased
Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #276 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by signit98
arnika is a plant (or in this case the extract of it) and is a natural anti inflamatory... very popular with dentists in Germany (we might ask Jeff how it is over here!?)

I did not know that there was a topical... I only know it as little pills. Works well after dental work, I can tell you that much...
The plant is Arnica montana. Arnica is used for sprains, bruises, muscle aches and for long term consequences of trauma. I think it works better topically than internally (Arnica was once used as a means of assassination ). Avoid using it on broken skin though. The brand we use is 7% Arnica as active ingredients - make sure you are not getting a watered down version.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #277 (permalink)

Garage
cindy~
i don't have a ten foot pole. or even think i do....probably cause i don't ride a harley.

signit~
"resisting the urge" ???? i'm not touching THAT one with MY 5 foot pole. (i ride a bmw, so we don't lie about personal appendages).
Old 05-21-2007, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #278 (permalink)

I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwi az
I think it works better topically than internally (Arnica was once used as a means of assassination )
...pharmacology 101!

So, what you are saying is that I put myself in the path of danger while taking my Arnika internally???

That is shocking...

How was your ride home anyway?... and what's the Temp over in Sedona right now?... marine layer here, nice and cool!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #279 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom
cindy~
i don't have a ten foot pole. or even think i do....probably cause i don't ride a harley.

...LOL, and WHAT good does it them?

signit~
"resisting the urge" ???? i'm not touching THAT one with MY 5 foot pole. (i ride a bmw, so we don't lie about personal appendages).
You know that this ' ist the sign for foot and this " is for inches, right, Brad?

Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #280 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: