Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by signit98

So, what you are saying is that I put myself in the path of danger while taking my Arnika internally???
If you took the topical version - yes. You are most likely using the homeopathic remedy which is extremely dilute and works on a very different principle - stimulating your body's own specific healing response. Perhaps for this reason the topical version is more effective in those situations where it can be applied. Or you could do both.

Quote:
How was your ride home anyway?... and what's the Temp over in Sedona right now?... marine layer here, nice and cool!
Well, I enjoyed the company (a nice way of saying; got in the way of) the esteemed Bradley and his delightful fair companion for the evening. I left at 0300 was in Yuma by 6 and home at 10:30. The ride was calm and warm ... because I put the bike in my pickup

Currently clear blue skies and 87F and 12% RH.

Last edited by kiwi az; 05-21-2007 at 02:40 PM..
Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #281 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
Quote:
Originally posted by kiwi az
Currently clear blue skies and 87F and 12% RH.
Ahhhh, summer is just around the bend, isn't it!?
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #282 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Ahhhh, summer is just around the bend, isn't it!?
July brings the monsoon. So while it will still be warm the frequent promise of dynamic thermo-aquatic events makes it tolerable. June is the month to hide from.

So ... when we have the Northern Arizona sixth leg of the California Triple Crown , should it be in April or November?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #283 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Sixth?... which one would be the fifth then?... I'd vouch for November...
Old 05-21-2007, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #284 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
Wow what a great weekend. I will have to go back thru these messages!!

I dropped Kerry at airport at 2pm and Started the drone up the 405 then 101 to SLO.

Got home and crashed (but only in bed).

Down loaded the pictures edited some and then created this Web Page

Here are a couple from the weppage

And this last one I just missed the cop leaving

Old 05-21-2007, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #285 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by kjazz

Hey Iv', I missed my plane. Bummer. Oh well, the next one was only 1 hour later. The tour of nowhere (north of airport looking for food) was fun, so whatever...all's well that ends well.
Oh crap! Sorry about that... !!! I thought we were doing good on time. Really enjoyed hanging and riding my brother!! I'm telling you....... Yosemite!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by kjazz

Vicki had an accident coming to DFW to pick me up. Everyone's okay thank God. Just goes to show you, we tear it up all over the face of the earth and no scars, and then that happens on a freeway in north Dallas where everyone's going the same direction??!@#$. Go figure.
Oh Crap #2. Yep those cages are just as dangerous! Glad all is well.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #286 (permalink)

Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:

I had quite the experience when following Ivan and Jeff on Engineer road... see, I did not like this road until now, because of all the bumps, general road condition and such... well, turns out that - at the speed we were going - one can ignore most of these bumps,, holes and creases...
It was great right up to the place where I missed the turn and continued straight down the dirt road. LOL.

I was just trying to decide if I had past a hash mark out of the corner of my eye, when the asphalt turned to dirt. But all went great. That part of the road was "the horse I had to get back on" ...... John L. ... it was dry, sunny, perfect viability, and even with the dirt and cut grass clipping sprinkled out of someones truck.... none of it slowed me down.

John, I even recognized the driveway we rode up last year cause we could not see the road... FYI now it has a gate!

I got some of the road on video.... but it will take a few days to get that all done....

Last edited by IvanTT; 05-21-2007 at 05:12 PM..
Old 05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #287 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
And this last one I just missed the cop leaving
Old 05-21-2007, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #288 (permalink)

Can someone put on the link for the palomar Photographer that was in the curves.
thanks
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #289 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by JonyRR
so who lasted longest in the simulator without biffing it?
Jony, It was fan fricking taskic. I don't think any one got sick.. did they?

myself, I got to do a little tree top skimming, when the lt. colonel running the simulator says "Watch out for those powerlines.." yikees up and over.. fire a few misses and feel the airframe shake as they leave the aircraft and track and explode on target. Damn..... thank you Sonny!!!

I am a geek about this stuff and was blown away by the terrain maps, and avionics, and particle physics, and networked sims and and and.... a geek heaven right there on the coast of california!!!

Then we got to see the NEW simulator that is just getting started. Unlike the Whiskey, the Zulu is Glass cockpit, Fully redundant controls front and rear seat and even with the whole system sitting on the ground the visuals can literally have you grabbing for something solid. Your brain thinks you are flying .. period.

SO AMAZING

THANK YOU SONNY!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #290 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
Is it the same photographer who was there last year? He took a great one of Tony and I riding together. I had it on my desktop but the computer ate dust. I'd like to contact him to get a copy of that pix.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #291 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by IvanTT
It was great right up to the place where I missed the turn and continued straight down the dirt road. LOL.

I got some of the road on video.... but it will take a few days to get that all done....

Well, as you may have noticed, Jeff and I were "in tow"... we were just a little to fast to have made that turn anyway... the ***** was just for me to push the darn bike backwards on that dirt road, with my bum knee and all...

Yeah, I'd like to see that video, looked interesting enough to just watch you film it...
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #292 (permalink)

Amature Professional

Garage
Roger, Ralph and Cindy,

Thank you for the kind words. The "riding" is what it is all about for me. I do love riding anything on two wheels. and here with this group I feel so at home and playful.

Typically when I am riding with new people there is, for me, a sense of having to watch over some of the other riders riders. be more restained as to not tempt someone past their limits.
But with you, my riding family (Triple Crown and Zrated riders) it is great seeing everyone taking responsibility and checking their egos at the door. It is just one of the many reasons you all are an incredible group to ride with. I am glad that that my sense of joy shows, because riding with all of you, it is just that, a joy.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #293 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Williams
Can someone put on the link for the palomar Photographer that was in the curves.
thanks
jeff
Will do, Jeff... I believe that have that info at home... he has taken more than one good shot of me on pretty much any bike I've ever been up there on...
Old 05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #294 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Ivan, what camera do you have? Great photos!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #295 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
... while going at very reasonable rates of speed...

I love that ! I'd say we all were doing just that at one time or other..
Old 05-21-2007, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #296 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words. The "riding" is what it is all about for me. I do love riding anything on two wheels. and here with this group I feel so at home and playful.

...what makes it so enjoyable is the fact that you and the rest of the girls and guys all can ride the hell out of a bike but are very un-assuming about it. Everyone goes as they feel comfortable - there is no "rolling of the eyes" if someone goes a little slower or faster for that matter...

So, if I am allowed to participate in future rides, I'll try to make every one of them...
Old 05-21-2007, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #297 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Sig - I'll be your wingman anytime!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #298 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by SergioK
Ivan, what camera do you have? Great photos!

Hey Sergio, Missed you man!!

the Camera is a Sony DSC-S600.
6 mega pix

takes decent movies too I will edit some and post soon..
Old 05-21-2007, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #299 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Sig - I'll be your wingman anytime!!!
I'd feel safe...

Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #300 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: