Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
...what makes it so enjoyable is the fact that you and the rest of the girls and guys all can ride the hell out of a bike but are very un-assuming about it. Everyone goes as they feel comfortable - there is no "rolling of the eyes" if someone goes a little slower or faster for that matter

I beg to differ. Mort the Wart was faster than superman. He was faster than my boy Nicky. He was faster than my boy Wheelie Boy. He was so good he made it a point to tell everyone how good he was, just in case they hadn't heard about him. Gee, I miss the Wart. Wonder if he ever went back and found his keys.

Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #301 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
...this ride has once again shown me how great of a motorcycle our "S" truly is... it is a bike that enables me to keep up but keeps me out of trouble... whereas the Duc just keeps challenging me, keeps asking for more... calling me out - if that makes sense... it's more tempting to push the limits and, honestly, I don't have it in me anymore to push the limits. On the track maybe, but not on the road... I am jonesing to take the "S" to the track now to see what it can do!?

I'll probably do Buttonwillow sometime soon and take both bikes and ride them one after another comparing times... see what comes out of that! Anyone from up there interested?
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #302 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyndy
.Mort the Wart was faster than superman. He was faster than my boy Nicky. He was faster than my boy Wheelie Boy. He was so good he made it a point to tell everyone how good he was, just in case they hadn't heard about him. Gee, I miss the Wart. Wonder if he ever went back and found his keys.
Cindy, I was talking about this group... the one I experienced on Saturday... and yes, I know people like this... and, I also know where most of them end up. I prefer not to ride with them...

Knowing this group now, I can see why Brad was a little aprehensive at first - hearing the story of Mort and all - and I do apreciate you guys "letting me in" so to speak... thank you again.

I don't mind pushing the pace a little if I know who I am riding with... I also don't mind going slow AT ALL if need be!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #303 (permalink)

I'll probably do Buttonwillow sometime soon and take both bikes and ride them one after another comparing times... see what comes out of that! Anyone from up there interested? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm being bugged by a friend to go, maybe this summer then I can take the Husky as well
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #304 (permalink)

Holy Krap!!!!

I got it, I definitely got it !!!!!!

I thought my stupid camera rig wasn't working for shiite.

But I got the wipe out at the water crossing on tape !!!!!

Looks exactly the way I remember it too !!!!

Can't wait to share it, too bad I'm too dumb to know how to get it loaded up for ya'll. Advice please.....

kerry
Old 05-21-2007, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #305 (permalink)

oh oh,
looks like Mattie is going to be explaining why the heavy throttle hand.
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-21-2007, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #306 (permalink)

Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Williams
oh oh,
looks like Mattie is going to be explaining why the heavy throttle hand.
I'm starting to feel like the jinx - Sir Fish in front of me, and Vette behind me ...
Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #307 (permalink)

kerry: lemme call ivan. he can tell you how to do it.
signit98 -- do a search of cyndy and see her posts. see how she can speak her mind. go to the place where brad and others talk about screening people. i can't find the critical one right now, but all i can tell you is i'm an old broad and a loud one too. however, i trust my life with these people. they guide, they slide, they all coincide with each other. i have been criticized, ostracized, and hifived with them all. that statement of mort was a sarcasim. as brad says, i would trust my first date with them all. it is rare that you find such a great group of people that you can be close to, but gingerly find out what they do, who they are married to, what their other hobbies are, etc., we all cannot get enough of each other -- oh yeah, i'm gushing, but really guys and shelly and soon to be shannon , --- this is so great if we're still talking about it on monday. guys won't say it all but girls will. so, let's keep it up. let's stay safe; let's not let brad's #1 or #2 not happen. let's look out for each other, help each other, teach each other and accept all of those attributes which lead to perfection, sans ego.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #308 (permalink)
Subversive

you forgot inspected, de-tected, mis-directed and dis-respected!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #309 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...that whole "searching" thing is elusive to me, Cindy... I never get what I need to find... guys like Steve Carlton can pull up stuff that doesn't exist with absolute ease and I can't find the broad side of a barnn... sigh!

But I know what you are talking about... that's the way with my friend who was supposed to be with us as well on Sat.... we've been riding for years, he knows EVERY darn road there is to know all over Ca, Oregon and wherever the hell... I can follow him blind, knowing that he would NEVER lead me astray... makes for safer riding and a great (learning) experience all together.

...another question: what's the dealio with your brake light... it flashes everytime you throw the anchor... is that LED with a special setup???

I kinda like it because you can't miss it... it really gets your attention!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #310 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Hey, mr. Kiwi... that bike of yours, is that a 650 or a 1000??? Wanted to ask you all along but forgot all the same!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #311 (permalink)

have you met carlton??? my brake light is a carlton thing. I liked his and bought one like his; however, his is clear. I made an error in getting the colored one.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #312 (permalink)

you forgot inspected, de-tected, mis-directed and dis-respected!

oh, and did i tell you al how much i adore williams??????
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #313 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
On Sunday I got to ride behind and in front of Pat. That was a first for me and Damn he is smooth and fast too!

Geeze! A superb musician, excellent motorcyclist and all around nice guy. Does brad know how fast you make that Motard jam.

... oops now I am looking at some of the pictures I shot and realized that was him behind me on the BCR too in this shot..

Smooth!

Hey Pat that really was an amazing rendition of the Bare Naked Ladies !
Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #314 (permalink)

Cyndy, the cream helped a little, but it still hurt. But its ok, only hurts when I rotate my arm, riding is still fine...

signit, the Harley incident was when we were leaving the look-out point, few turns after we got back on road, happened right infront of me. Made sure coast was clear and went to the shoulder and ran to his aid.

As for plates, WHO NEEDS EM!! Haha, I got a few questions about mine, I have temp registration because my Maryland plates finally expired, got registration and insurance the Monday before the ride .

Kerry, glad you got it! But did you have to announce it to everyone? You can email it to me schillerm@gmail.com Could post it on youtube too I suppose.
Chances are I will want the best res video you can capture, even if it takes a CD in mail to get it...
------

THANK YOU BRAD and SONNY for putting this together, even better then last year.
The food at Sonnys was INCREDIBLE!

I hope to make it to the rest of the rides this year, will be putting in the requests ASAP with work...
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #315 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Matt, I am glad you made it through your "splash zone incident" ok... the few scratches on the bike only give it more "character"... it's more important that you are ok!

Kerry, I like the "youtube' idea... LOL. How much video did you get in, btw.? Any of the Montezuma part of the ride? Coming to think of it... I don't think that I had a car to pass at all on the way up... how cool is that?

Did I mention, my favorite part of ANY trip!?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #316 (permalink)

Well, the good thing about posting 'late' is that all the good stuff has been said already. You all have been BUSY little posters. I have to add that it was actually funny to see Matt sliding on his back..."Ninja Turtle style" with arms and legs a'flailin'...it was pretty obvious he was 'ok', so it was funny. Sorry Matt!
Sorry to make some of you worry by my lack of post today....my laptop died and I had no email access. I rode home alone....well, except for that accidental meet up on the 405 with the other Cen-Cal folks. That was just too funny. Apparently 80 mph was 'too fast' and I soon was alone again. I rode the very long way home....about 360 miles total, but it was a nice ride anyway. Great roads of course.
Tired, and laptopless, so pics are a long ways off. I had a great weekend, thanks to everyone....'specially the Listons for opening their home to me. You are SO family! Thanks to the great riders...I love you guys! XOXO
2001 aprilia RSV Mille, blk/red
2001 Suzuki DRZ-400S, yel/blk
Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #317 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Boy Wonder
Ivan-
You got me thinking and i just finished learning Ninth Grade...haha
Thanks moving the BCR is much easier than moving the Triumph....I still have a bunch of stuff to learn on the BCR but maybe next year I will move a little faster and the Husky....WELL THATS JUST NO FAIR...Every time I have ridden that bike i hop off with the biggest smile on my face......but i do have to say that you and that GS were moving right along....everyone was moving right along.
Cant wait to do it all over again!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #318 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Patrick, I think you know quite a bit already when it comes to riding the BCR... you look very smooth on that bike... and on the Guitar as well!

I don't thin that there are many things better than father and Son doing something cool together... and you guys are riding AND playing guitar together, to name just a couple!!!

I hope that Justin and I end up doing that one day... though it might just be on the PS TT Game...
Old 05-21-2007, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #319 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
OK here is my first shot at the video thing

Video 2 step

Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #320 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: