Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
"I've never been lost, but there have been days at a stretch when I've found myself mightly bewildered."
~ Daniel Boone

hey ivan~did you change your signature line after the SB Triple Crown, or are you a psychic?

john! "I guess the Colonel isn't worried about his reputation."
not much. he's retiring in a few weeks. we might just move that process along.

scott~we're shooting for leaving the ride headquarters hotel around 4:00 PM for the Camp Pendleton fun. after that it's back to my place for friday night dinner and then back to the motel. we'll provide transportation for the whole afternoon.

Last edited by bradzdotcom; 04-12-2007 at 09:41 AM..
Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom
"I've never been lost, but there have been days at a stretch when I've found myself mightly bewildered."
~ Daniel Boone

hey ivan~did you change your signature line after the SB Triple Crown, or are you a psychic?

After ~ but it should say Tires.. not wheels! (Bad Bad Ivan)

Nice of you to notice Brad...

*** I'm not bewildered but I ride like I am***
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Mid cal riders,
If the SLO contingent need to be in SD by 3:00,(need an hour to get a room and primp), we'll need to leave by 8:15.
Scott,John,Scott, Tony,Cindy,
if we were to meet and ride down together thats the time we'll be leaving to play in the sinulator at Sony's Play House.
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
I have a friend (very non Mort) that would like to join us from Texas. His name is Kerry and will be joining us here on the board.

We have ridden together for years but more importantly I think his personality will mix well with the group!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

OH NO! I just went to put this date in my Palm Pilot, and found something was already there. I've got a practice exam on Saturday, May 19, for a class I've been taking since January. The real exam is June 2, but this the last step to getting ready for a very tough test (40% pass rate). Rats, but I'm not going to be there, I'm afraid.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to stage1scott
practice makes perfect john

otoh, I am passing on the opportunity to have a competitors pass at laguna seca the same weekend-a good freind works on a daytona car and his son works on a corvette team-but-Sonny is offering an opportunity I'm only gonna get once!! they will be back for more races.

jeff-I think I'm going earlier, not sure as yet-waiting for roger to figure out his deal, he may got straight to oceanside, instead of coming to my place, and I may be picking up a bike in long beach.
2008 MINI Cooper S shop car, 250 whp,290 tq
Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Hey guys.... I'm Kerry, and I'm an alcoholic.....

[edit] krapp did I already submit that??!! Wrong forum. [edit]

Sorry, I'm Ivan's friend (former probably now). Just kidding above, though from time to time I test that issue with suitable portions of Crown and Coke....however, never within 8 hours of riding.

I'd like to join you guys for the San Diego ride if I may. I promise to behave myself and ride accordingly (The Pace), and offer stimulating conversation and good natured joking and not run off the road or otherwise create a downer by a) wiping out, b) losing control of my rental bike and endangering the mission, c) flying by another rider at high speed with my pants down, d) showing my newest tattoo while in the restaurant (or at high speed with my pants down!!), or e) defending OCC (right, like that's gonna happen!!).

items f) thru z) are available separately if needed.

I will instead ride my ass off cause I luv to, be courteous to everyone I meet ("yessir Officer"), ride safely, etc. etc. Other than being butt ugly, I'm generally not too disagreeable to be around.

Please let me come along. Otherwise I'm gonna look silly landing at LAX with a rental bike and nobody to ride with.

Kerry Adams

Last edited by kjazz; 04-12-2007 at 04:50 PM..
Old 04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Yup that's Kerry
Old 04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
kerry~
wow, you can land with a rental bike at LAX?
shiit. and all this time i've been taking those stupid airplanes!

well, i guess if you're a friend of ivan's......we probably won't like you much, but since Ivan signed a contract and posted a considerable bond for you (i get shannon if you get stupid), i guess you can go.

except one thing: if you don't have your crown and coke saturday night, we'll banish you to the "mort the wart wall of shame". i'm assuming that no drinking "within 8 hours of riding" probably means before, rather than after riding.
if not...just stay home with your teddy bear and your feetsie pajamas and wait until we post photos of all the fun you missed.

you still have to send us an email with your bike, cell phone and mommy's home phone though. and read The Pace (bonus points if that is the tattoo you're referring to).

and, no we don't wanna see your tattoo.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom
kerry~
wow, you can land with a rental bike at LAX?
shiit. and all this time i've been taking those stupid airplanes!

well, i guess if you're a friend of ivan's......

except one thing: if you don't have your crown and coke saturday night, we'll banish you to the "mort the wart wall of shame". i'm assuming that no drinking "within 8 hours of riding" probably means before, rather than after riding.

Touche on all three counts.

I'll drink immediately after riding, no issues there.

I will indeed be crawling out of an aluminum tube at exLAX and, hopefully, met by a friendly representative of SBR with a fresh shiney new Multistrada or KTM or R1200GS or maybe a new Tiger if they can accomodate me.

And finally, yes I am a friend of Ivan's. We've been thru hell and back together. No, wait a sec, that wasn't hell, that was riding motorcycles in Dallas, Texas. Sorry, I get those confused sometimes.

later,
kjazz (kerry)
Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

ok, let me see if I got this right.

-I'd like to join you guys for the San Diego ride if I may. I promise to behave myself and ride accordingly (The Pace),- well thats a good start,( not like Ivan).

-and offer stimulating conversation and good natured joking-,(like Ivan a man of profound wisdom, no really)

-and not run off the road or otherwise create a downer by a) wiping out,(like Ivan) b) losing control of my rental bike and endangering the mission,(like Ivan) c) flying by another rider at high speed with my pants down,(like we wish Shelly would do but Ivan does)
BTW Kerry, if you really need a bike Ivan seems to have his thumb on that area
I'm sure he can find you a bike that you won't,(nor we), forget
cya
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Thanks Jeff,

I love Ivan like a brother, but just the same, I'm gonna stay away from his "thumb" and pretty much anything under it.

I dont know where its been.

Hell, I'm not sure where mine has been....!? It has had an interesting bouquet most recently, one I dont recognize.

kerry
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Amature Professional

Garage
Didn't I say he has the right mentality.....

Notice that I didn't say he "fits in".

Hey Kerry... your icon, is that the Speed Triple? ....
and
do you still have your other Triumph?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Jeff,
I am looking at a R1200GS .... I guess I will be looking down on you instead of looking up

But don't worry we will all have a good time!

Besides I don't want to get one of these
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Ivan, that's my Speedy going around a corner at Cresson Motorsport Ranch in Texas. Yes, we have to manufacture corners out here in flatville. Then charge people to ride around them!!! Brilliant, yet absurd.

I've still got the Thruxton too. I'm a non-recovering moto-holic. Or moto-ho.

kerry
Old 04-13-2007, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Williams
....we'll need to leave by 8:15.
Scott,John,Scott, Tony,Cindy,
if we were to meet and ride down together thats the time we'll be leaving to play in the sinulator at Sony's Play House.
jeff
We will already be in the LA oblivion when the SLO and SB riders head toward the southlands ... is Neptune's the meeting place again for the LA Contingent? .... or because of the time constraint to make it down to the "bang, bang, boom, boom" show and tell (can't wait!)... has another "pickup spot" been chosen?

~SLOrider
Old 04-16-2007, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
hey, look what next-door-neighbor Patrick got last saturday:

only 4,500 on the odo.
know anybody who wants to buy his triumph? the "bank of dad" will be calling in the note in 30 days.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Bloody noice!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Yes SIR! Very Nice.

4500 miles? WHAT? On a beemer.. that only 2 or 3 weekends of riding!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
yep.
it came from a pasadena poser.
it's complete with all the tools in the tool kit and everything in the "owner's kit".
only thing missing is the website address sticker that goes on the tupperwear.
anybody know where we can get those stickers?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: