Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by VetteRacer
For those that want to see my oh-***** moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JBuQ_ULPI
A little video is worth thousands of words ...

Not to rub salt in the wound Matt, but the finale is pretty funny to watch. As has been said many times, you really had saved it and then just turtle-flopped over at the stop.

Glad you were able to bounce back up and ride on!

Old 05-23-2007, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #381 (permalink)

Keith, its about the same :\. Going to suck Zaino'ing the M5 this weekend...

BTW, Thanks again for the place to stay, was a good time chatting about beer and all the other stuff.
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 05-23-2007, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #382 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
Quote:
Originally posted by kjazz
Hey Ivan, where's that FTP site etc.??
sent an email to here with the info
kwajazz@swbell.net
Old 05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #383 (permalink)

Ivan, you better check where that was sent. I didn't get it (???) Hope there's nothing sensitive on that site.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #384 (permalink)

Matt, the full version is more crisp on the tape. I'm learning how to deal with video while running at full speed here biut I'll figure it out and I'll get a copy burned and send it to you if you want (snail mail). It really looked to me like you might of tapped the front brake and it slid out. I dont think the rear end could cause you to got down that fast. Probably the front.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #385 (permalink)

Kerry, def wasnt rear brake, feet where still down... Might have been front. Any idea what was sitting on ground just behind bike? Wonder if there was dirt on road that made it slide, or if maybe still wet..?
I got the higher version sent to me by Ivan (5meg).

I keep laughing, when I watch it, where I layed down...

1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 05-23-2007, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #386 (permalink)

Matt, I think the edge of the road was sort of grown over with grass, probably a bunch of pebbles mixed in and could have been a little damp. Hard to tell exactly. I've gone down in a parking lot years ago because I tapped the front a little too quickly instead of squeezing it right when I hit a patch of asphalt pebbles in a parking lot. I went down so fast it felt like I'd hit ice. It felt then like you looked when you went over. I'm just glad it didn't mess you up. Hope the wrist feels better. Your buds in LV are gonna really screw with you if you tell them your wrist is sore!!!! I can hear it now, "hey why dontcha switch hands...what, you afraid of cheating on your left?"
Old 05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #387 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Boy Wonder
i dont think i have ever seen any crash that looked so graceful...nice job Matt.
Another thing is I dont remember the last time I saw 20 pages of posts
Old 05-23-2007, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #388 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by kjazz
Ivan, you better check where that was sent. I didn't get it (???) Hope there's nothing sensitive on that site.
Ok sending the ftp info to both of your addresses
Old 05-23-2007, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #389 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
sorry, not that computer savy...... what does ftp mean????? what is so sensitive about "ftp". now, i know ftb, but not ftp. guess i could go to the back of the house and ask TM, but, I'll ask you guys instead.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #390 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
oh, btw, matt, that video was so cool. now i was on the ride and know you were ok, but it is so cool that that little ninja turtle thing was caught on tape.
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #391 (permalink)

Matt,
great form, you made it thru the water only to be gotten by the dirt.
Looks like a dual purpose is in your life.
cya my friend,
jeff
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-23-2007, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #392 (permalink)

So many quotes to answer:

THANKS IVAN FOR THE VIDEO
You must promise me, next ride, to ride behind me in a good curvy/sweeper area long enough to put it on one video for the length of that song. It is one of my all time favorites. For many reasons. I'll even bring my HDD video camera if you can hold it while you ride or hook it to a helmet cam.

KERRY.....ummm, no...don't think so...and you must erroneously think Texas is beyond my reach...

ROGER.....I thought you liked Kerry....why would you possibly give him advice that might cause him to be suddenly injured??? lol

CYNDY.....TRACKDAY! TRACKDAY! TRACKDAY! We'll do a girls day! I'm thinking of doing Buttonwillow June 4th...you available?? $180 with a good organization.

MATT....my daughter enjoyed the Turtle impression as well
2001 aprilia RSV Mille, blk/red
2001 Suzuki DRZ-400S, yel/blk

Last edited by MilleChick; 05-23-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #393 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyndy
sorry, not that computer savy...... what does ftp mean????? what is so sensitive about "ftp". now, i know ftb, but not ftp. guess i could go to the back of the house and ask TM, but, I'll ask you guys instead.
File Transfer Protocol - its a faster way to send large files than via email (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) but often links to a complete directory of files. Sending out the link to the wrong person could be an easy way to lose control of your photograph collection.

Do you feel informed now?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #394 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyndy
Cyndy, ftp is way to transfer large amounts of data (video files in this case) without using email... sounds cryptic but actually very geeky ... lol
Old 05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #395 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by VetteRacer
For those that want to see my oh-***** moment.
Matt- Scott (Motoyoyo) can verify this (he was directly behind me), but I had a mini tank slapper last year at exactly the same spot! I kicked my shin into my cylinder, but managed to stay up. Very slickery in there. Glad you're OK.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #396 (permalink)

Garage
hey, we DID tell you there would be live entertainment on that ride, didn't we?

last year it was John in the spotlight. this year it was matt who had to try and out-do john.

next year, we hold a lottery beforehand to see who gets to perform in the dancing waters.

(little hint: i've NEVER been through there when there wasn't water in at least one of those crossing). add in the trees to create shade, the algea that likes to grow there, and you've got instant entertainment, via a giant slip n' slide.

and matt if it makes you feel any better, next time we got through there stop on the exit side and look around....you'll see a bunch of little plastic pieces littered around, proof that "we are not alone".

a few weeks ago i went through there and gassed it hard to see how bad it could get....patrick still giggles about having seen both sides of my bike...almost at the same time.

oh yea, almost forgot...if there's nobody coming the other way, enter the water crossing from the wrong side of the road. that way, on your exit, the pavement is dry.

Last edited by bradzdotcom; 05-24-2007 at 06:49 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #397 (permalink)
Barback King

...Oh Matt, that vas precious! I loved the "Big Black X" pose at the end!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #398 (permalink)
Registered

Nice one Matt. I hope you didn't bend anything in that tip over. Geez I hate to say this, but that was pretty funny. I have to give you high marks for your finish. That is the final proof that these really are donkey bikes cause you defintely got bucked off that thing good. Hope everything is ok.

Yes, John I remember that spot now. It's always nice to get the warning sign from the guy in front of you. Thanks. I have to say that your style points weren't nearly as high as Matt's. Although, you earned extra credit for not going down, so that makes it about even.

'98 R1100S - Triple Clamps, 10mm Shortened Telelever
2013 KTM 990 SMT, 2008 KTM 990 SDR
Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by motoyoyo
...these really are donkey bikes ...

hahahahaha

Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #400 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: