Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom
a few weeks ago i went through there and gassed it hard to see how bad it could get....
Yer nutz.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #401 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyndy
sorry, not that computer savy...... what does ftp mean????? what is so sensitive about "ftp". now, i know ftb, but not ftp. guess i could go to the back of the house and ask TM, but, I'll ask you guys instead.
Actually Cyndy, in this case ftp means...."friggin ti' pover", which is what Matt had. An Irish term, Sonny back me up on this.

kerry
Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #402 (permalink)

Garage
actually, ftp stands for "f#@* This Piece", followed by another expletive.
it should actually be called ftpos, a term often used when email won't go through because the attachment is too big.

i've always wondered why they used the word "protocol". are we bowing, dancing, being presented with an award? we're just transferring files folks, no reason to get all fancy-schmancy.

john~ yea i know. have you been talking to my mother?
actually i was practicing my "goon riding", something the motocross/supercross guys have been doing lately during practice. it's a lot harder than it looks. and kinda tough to pull off when riding a street bike.
(street rider goon example: tucked totally behind the fairing at a whopping 40 MPH, right elbow pointed toward ground, left elbow above normal position, feet on passenger pegs).

Last edited by bradzdotcom; 05-24-2007 at 10:30 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #403 (permalink)

Glad it was as entertaining for you all as it was for me
Wrist is hurting MORE today then it has been... Will be hitting hospital on Monday if its not alot better by then...

Where can that gas nozzle stopper thingy majiggy doohicky be found out? Nice idea, wouldnt mind picking a few up for people.
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 05-24-2007, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #404 (permalink)

Ivan,

This has your name all over it......bumble bee colors with bags, cast wheels, non-ABS.

R1200GS For Sale

Plus you could pick it up in Central TX and we could hang out some, eat some BBQ, ride some straight roads, very straight roads....yuck. Well there are a few good roads in Central TX we could ride those.

Or I could run down and get it for you....and ride it to say, Taos!!! and you and Shannon could meet us there and I'll hand it over nice and broken in.

kerry
Old 05-24-2007, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #405 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to stage1scott
14,800's a little steep

but it does get him nearer to you!! I went through alot of nationwide shopping before finding my red one nearby here-a lot of guys find the no abs option desireable BUT that bike sold for 1000.00 less than the abs bikes and there is a fairly steady stream of them for sale for less. there is a non abs2007 r12gs in los angeles right now for 14k stock or 16k with a load of extras, only 5600 miles on it

www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231891ith
2008 MINI Cooper S shop car, 250 whp,290 tq

Last edited by stage1scott; 05-24-2007 at 08:36 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #406 (permalink)

Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
Thanks for the heads up on those bikes, but now that Shannon is letting me ride the bike again...well kinda .... "You aren't going to be gone long are you??"

haha

Actually I still have a few bikes to test.

Super Duke and The DL1000R (probably closest to my price range....) are on the short list too.

Roger, chime in or send me an email .... what were your impressions.... compared to Your DL .... ya, you better email me.... this is a BMW forum and All THAT!! LOL

Last edited by IvanTT; 05-24-2007 at 08:53 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #407 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by IvanTT

Roger, chime in or send me an email .... what were your impressions.... compared to Your DL .... ya, you better email me.... this is a BMW forum and All THAT!! LOL

I'll email - my sig line gets people frothy
Old 05-24-2007, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #408 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Boy Wonder
SUPER DUKE!!!!.....so cool and it is big guy friendly....all that bike is, is a trouble maker......haha...
Thats the bike for you Ivan
Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #409 (permalink)

Ivan,

You should ride one of these before buying....

Tiger 1050

I just want your opinion on it, cause I like em so far, but haven't ridden it.

Scott,

The object is not to get the best price etc. for Ivan, it's to get me a free ride to Taos to deliver the bike to him!!!!! It's all about MEEEEE!!

hahaha (i'm just kidding, sort of...)

I went to the Aprilia shop yesterday to look at the newest version of Shelly's bike. The RSV and RSV Factory. OOOOOHhhhhh nice!!! Also the Tuono Factory, very nice. But in the end, it was the SXV 5.5 that stole my heart. I pick mine up on my upcoming birthday.

later, kerry
Old 05-25-2007, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #410 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by kjazz
Ivan,

You should ride one of these before buying....

Tiger 1050

The 1050 is by all accounts a fun ride, if not the Tiger of past years. The 17" front rim means pavement only.

OTOH that may not be an issue if you are already experienced at chasing antelope with your street rat.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #411 (permalink)
Barback King

Thumbs up ADVRider

Here's one for $13K in NM...R12GS
Old 05-25-2007, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #412 (permalink)

Great thread. thanks to all.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #413 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by kiwi az
The 1050 is by all accounts a fun ride, if not the Tiger of past years. The 17" front rim means pavement only.

OTOH that may not be an issue if you are already experienced at chasing antelope with your street rat.
Not at all .. you should have seen some of the places I have been on my f3 or even the K100RT!!!

Oh but that was a 18" front.

YA Kerry that for the reminder I will check it out!
Hey did you try the FTP ?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #414 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by kjazz

I went to the Aprilia shop yesterday to look at the newest version of Shelly's bike. The RSV and RSV Factory. OOOOOHhhhhh nice!!! Also the Tuono Factory, very nice. But in the end, it was the SXV 5.5 that stole my heart. I pick mine up on my upcoming birthday.

later, kerry
One of these?
nice!

get a second front wheel and a 17 inch rim on there and you have a motarder too (or 2.... for the price of one )
Old 05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #415 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to stage1scott
hey ivan

artwork?
2008 MINI Cooper S shop car, 250 whp,290 tq
Old 05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #416 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Working it!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #417 (permalink)

Ivan,

Actually the RXV has smaller fork legs (diameter) and a narrower swing arm. Might be better to start with the SXV and then put some dirt wheels on it. But I like the way you think!!!

Haven't tried FTPing that material yet. I've been busy as hell since returning. For instance, I get up extra early every morning so I can get a jump on being depressed to be in Dallas Texas. After work I sulk for a while then I mope for about an hour, then before bed I do one solid hour of depressed sulk-moping. I miss the roads.

kerry
Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #418 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cyndy
LOL Kerry! Been there, done that!
Z4 Metallic Silver Auto
Old 05-25-2007, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #419 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

nice scoot. I got a motowoodie over one at the last cycle world show.
hopefully they will turn out to be long-term reliable.
I believe BMWAtlanta had one briefly, then sold it....hmmm...enquiring minds want to know.

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #420 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: