Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Amen to that Brad, besides it's half the price of the other place.

How many miles is the saterday ride going to be total?

Old 04-27-2007, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Never mind on buddy coming...
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

just as long as you're coming.
jeff
ps bring your windbreaker and tennies
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 04-27-2007, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

It will be good to see you Bingo.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Oh I'll be there if I don't tag bambi between now and then. They are everywhere. Would have had one last night I believe if not for the HID's. Whew!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Sorry about that Jeff. Will definitely bring them. Kind of why he's not invited. Equipment. Good enough rider, but tennis shoes and me don't cut it. You know what a snob I am...and I thought you were holding my windbreaker?

Me too Jeff.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Ok, now that bingo is coming I guess I'll have to go too. Just got my reservations at Marty's too.
Looks like there's going to be a sheetpile of us there, cool.

'98 R1100S - Triple Clamps, 10mm Shortened Telelever
2007 Ducati S2R1000, 2008 KTM 990SDR
Old 04-27-2007, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

Garage
wheelie boy~
saturday is about 225 miles.
it starts out tight and twisty and as the day evolves, it gets faster and faster.

we leave at 8:00 am. get back to your hotel at about 4:30 PM.

why are you asking about mileage?

are you doing "an ivan" and looking at your rear tire to see how long it might last?

hint: don't worry too much about the center of the tire. on this ride, you won't spend much time using it. it's SO TWISTY, you're gonna burn down the sides long before the center starts showing cord.

Last edited by bradzdotcom; 04-27-2007 at 07:28 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)
Registered

Marty's it is.

(Cyndy, cancel those other reservations, will 'ya, huh.)
Old 04-27-2007, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom

hint: don't worry too much about the center of the tire. on this ride, you won't spend much time using it. it's SO TWISTY, you're gonna burn down the sides long before the center starts showing cord.
Well I guess I won't need to get that new tire now! lol
Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Garage
there's been a few changes to the info/rules on the Triple Crown.

if you're already "in and going", please read it.

if you're thinking about going...definitely read it.

http://www.bradzimmerman.com/triplecrown/

if you regularly wear shorts, tennies, do wheelies, stoppies and go over the yellow line to catch/chop someone off in a corner....umm...don't bother.

friday afternoon (4:00 PM muster) we're doing an exclusive tour/experience of camp pendleton.
unless you're a REALLY high-level marine, you ain't never gonna see/do what we have planned for you.
(if the pentagon/politicans ever find out...they're gonna shiiit). consider it a pay-back for "your tax dollars at work, dammmiit".

for those of you who like to eat, here's the weekend's menu:

friday dinner: chicken & beef tamales, rice & beans, beer, soda, water, chips and salsa, etc.

saturday morning 7:00 AM breakfast @ the famous harbor house....you eat, you buy.
we launch at 8:00 AM with a full tank of fuel. plan accordingly.

saturday mid-morning nutrition break: orange slices, protein bars, water, gatorade, fuel for for the handicapped non-bmw riders, etc...

saturday lunch: sushi, sandwiches, plus all the stuff left over from the nutrition break.

saturday dinner: a locally raised fried turkey, fresh grilled salmon from my b-in-law up in washington state, prime rib steak, supplied and cooked for us by our local butcher, fresh neighborhood veggies, "over the rainbow" macaroni salad, rolls...live entertainment, a jacuzzi to melt off those 225+ miles, and a keg of "raptor beer" (don't ask, but...no kiddin'....from experience....i suggest you don't have more than two).

so....if you haven't "checked in" yet, emailed me, or gotten your hotel room....you might wanna do that....soon.

motel rooms are going fast. the friday camp pendleton tour group/simulator time is going even faster.

we're hoping to put a cap of about 25 riders on this leg of the Triple Crown.
we're pretty close already.
if'n i was you....i wouldn't wait much longer to chime in, raise your hand, hit the above-underlined triple crown website and say "hell yea, i wanna go too!'
Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Hi All,

I'm in (assuming I get the OK from Brad). And I don't plan on crashing either! Just need to slap some new tires on my bike before the ride. Maybe I can start up another tire thread/poll?

Cheers,
Keith
Old 04-28-2007, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)
Subversive

Keith!

Hope to see you there!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Keith,
I'm you're coming to the ride.
We need a voice of reason to off set the serious lack of reason that seems to be 'bubbling in oceanside.
cya soon
jeff
Old 04-28-2007, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
Quote:
Originally posted by SirFish
Just need to slap some new tires on my bike before the ride.
Cheers,
Keith
I can tell you that is a must!

It will be good to see you Keith!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Boy Wonder
Yeah that whole put a new tire on before the ride is a good idea..haha
Old 04-28-2007, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

Im working on being able to go. Between work and wife I cant make any official plans yet, but fingers are crossed to be riding!
New tires are ready to go on. This weekend shes getting a valve adjustment and TB Sync, should be a happy girl!

Brad, I PM'd you..

I might be in the market for a place to stay, depends on my wifes plans..
Matt
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 04-28-2007, 11:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)

Scott,
with Mattie coming their goes the neighborhood.
Remember this
jeff

Old 04-28-2007, 11:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Will the Colonel let Matt on a Marine base? Are you allowed Matt or would you be in some danger
Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Garage
"don't ask, don't tell".

since he's Air Force, i imagine he'll get in.
besides, the simulators we're going to stuff you in are for helicopters....and they fly in the air.....right?

hey, for those of you who are planning on going, but haven't responded yet....get off your butt and send me an email!
http://www.bradzimmerman.com/triplecrown/

we kinda need a definitive number of folks for the friday afternoon fun...."it's a scheduling/requisition thing for camp pendleton".

and i have to order tamales/turkey/cow/fish a couple of weeks in advance (it's now 18 days and counting down) and it'd be nice to know how much to get.

if'n you call a couple of days before the the ride (may 19th) you might just have to fight over food...and we all know how jeff williams and shelley get when they're hungry........

ps: jeff brooks/wheelie boy is out, due to a horrific crash/life lesson. on the other hand, looks like wayne o'gara is in, due to a positive personnel change on my end, and his desire to "go on a great ride" before having his shoulder surgery.

Last edited by bradzdotcom; 05-01-2007 at 05:26 PM..
Old 05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: