Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Amature Professional

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to IvanTT
Hey all
Shannon and I just got back from seeing WheelieBoy. He is still very sore and and in bed but his spirits are up. His ribs are hurting him but is is breathing more comfortable everyday.

Here is his smiling face and Shannon hamming it up too

Yes has been his response to most every question ...

Old 05-05-2007, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Jeff, hey man at least you came through this one looking good...and BTW, you might want to remove your elbow from Shannon's left breast. Ok, maybe not...see you still have all your faculties in tact. Get well soon.

'98 R1100S - Triple Clamps, 10mm Shortened Telelever
2007 Ducati S2R1000, 2008 KTM 990SDR
Old 05-05-2007, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

BTW,
the yes on jeffs left arm is the answer to the question 'do you, or does it still hurt.
95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-05-2007, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)
Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by motoyoyo
Jeff, hey man at least you came through this one looking good...and BTW, you might want to remove your elbow from Shannon's left breast. Ok, maybe not...see you still have all your faculties in tact. Get well soon.

Was Jeff in that photo? I'll have to go back and look again.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
OK, 10 days and counting! and drooling.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom

if'n you call a couple of days before the the ride (may 19th) you might just have to fight over food...and we all know how jeff williams and shelley get when they're hungry........

Hey! What's that supposed to mean? How DO I get when I'm hungry??

OK, got a buddy to work for me on Friday so I'll be coming down in the AM for the Pendleton leg. (Yay! My son will be 'in the field' so maybe we'll see him!) Count me in for the ride, simulators, whatever!
2001 aprilia RSV Mille, blk/red
2001 Suzuki DRZ-400S, yel/blk
Old 05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

Subversive

Quote:
Originally posted by MilleChick
Count me in for the ride, stimulators, whatever!
I'm sure they'll come up with something special just for you darlin!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)

Oh, you are so very funny my friend. Who are 'they' anyway?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Boy Wonder
OK...heres the deal!
If you are going on the Camp Pendelton thing....My dad got us into the Attack Helicopter simulator (THE COBRA) just look and see for yourself.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

If that doesn't flip your skirt i don't know what will....you just cant be cured...ha ha
Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)

That is awesome! What is your dad's adult beverage of choice. I guess he figures he's so close to retirement, they can't fire him...no matter what we do!

PS....can't speak for the boys, but I rarely wear a skirt

Last edited by MilleChick; 05-08-2007 at 09:25 PM..
Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)

Millechick, its a "recruiting" tool Im sure!
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)

Amature Professional

Garage
Is the simulator setup to fly 2 blade and 4 blade flight characteristics?...

I mean WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO! Check it out! 3d tilt pan and shoot - even in the dark of night!

Last edited by IvanTT; 05-09-2007 at 12:01 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

when I was in the service I worked on both Apaches and Cobras..mostly the AH64 but my tech school (AIT) used cobras for the basic armament and electronics courses.
I had abaout 10 hours in the AH1 simulator at Ft. Hood. It's a lot harder than it looks...like most anything else worth doing.
the AH1-S is still my favorite bird.
the first time they lined us up in the hanger to see a cobra, I broke ranks, went over to one, crouched down and started stroking the mini (it wasn't a modifed, just a G model), saying 'oh baby, where have you been all my life?'
one of the instructors, instead of chewing me out for breaking ranks, laughed and said 'you'll do just fine here'...yeah, I know I'm sick, but wtf....

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage

These are so

Last time I got a close up of some of these was when I was in azaborego (sp) and saw a formation (4 of them) along with 4 blackhawks.

I was riding a harley and still could feel and hear them as they passed over head.

I have flow heli's on a PC simulator and that's it.... giggle giggle can't wait!

Last edited by IvanTT; 05-09-2007 at 11:07 AM..
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)

"I was riding a Harley and still could feel and hear them as they passed over head."

Ivan-

Well Ivan...the problem is that you were riding a Harley....If i remember correctly I think that considered a SIN...I will have to see if that one is forgiveable...haha
Old 05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)
Amature Professional

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Boy Wonder
"I was riding a Harley and still could feel and hear them as they passed over head."

Ivan-

Well Ivan...the problem is that you were riding a Harley....If i remember correctly I think that considered a SIN...I will have to see if that one is forgiveable...haha
Well it is all they rent in hell....
What? you've never been to hell and back?

Last edited by IvanTT; 05-09-2007 at 06:13 PM..
Old 05-09-2007, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)

He's right!! I live in hell, and there are a **** load of Harleys here. And chromed up Harley clones, what the hell is that about?? I mean it's not like you get anywhere polishing a turd. Why would you want a chromed up fake turd???

kjazz

Hey Ivan, is my avatar leaning further than your avatar???
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)

Garage
latest update on the friday afternoon portion of our San Diego weekend:

if you are planning on going to Camp Pendleton to try out the stimulator/simulator, you need to make your assss ready, primed and available at the hotel by 3:30 (15:30 military time).

we have the simulators blocked out from 16:00 to 18:00 hours (4:00pm to 6:00pm).
not a minute before, not a minute after.

plan accordingly, if you want to fly a cobra helicopter.

inside tip: if'n i was you, i'd have a VERY light lunch beforehand. the simulators are quite realistic, and if you're the type that gets seasick or doesn't like flying....you might wanna bring a brown paper bag with ya, so you can leave with a...umm...souvenir.

(keep in mind that you'll be at the controls and you really, really don't know WTF you're doing, so your flight ain't gonna be smooth, clean or pretty). those who get disoriented easily....or don't like roller coasters....as mae west said "you could be in for a bumpy ride."

that is all. dismissed.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)

Brad, got room for me? Looks like all is a go, wifes letting me out to play!
Is video and picture taking going to be available for the Camp P get together?

Matt

1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: