Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by Deans BMW
Eron, were you up there with Brian and the boys from SJ?
Brian was just riding out when I pulled in to register for the next days event. Brett had so much fun on Saturday that it was easy to convince him to stay over for the fun on Sunday and he let me try his bike!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by roger albert
Hey Eron,

Good to see you pop up here. How's it going out there.
How was rebound on the front. I've layed hands on a couple
and found the front's seemed to vary a lot (just statically bouncing and looking at rebound) One fast and one really fast. Curious what you thought.
Hi Roger,

It going fine out here in CA, it's starting to get (comfortably) warm out here now. Is it HOT yet in Austin?

when I did a bounce test my impression was the front was pretty stiff for a street bike especially a BMW (not bad for a track bike though). The damping in the front seemed about right. Even on the track the front felt good and I was riding a stock bike with slick (take offs from one of the SJBMW race bikes). Usually when you but better tires on a bike you find more issues than you would with the stock tires but the front did everything I asked of it and the only thing that kept me from going faster were the curb feelers on the pegs grinding away.

The rear I liked less, the rear rebound was 3/4 of the way towards full slow and both the spring and compression dampening seemed way to soft. But on the track it did not seem as bad as I would expect, but still plenty of room for improvement here.

The brakes were great, lots of power, good feel and no fading. The engine while not increadibly fast is very smooth with linear power. Overall I'm sure I could jump a stock F800S and go faster than I could on a stock R1100S so that was a little bit of a suprise. I'll have to take one out for a demo sometime and see what I think of it as a street bike.

Roger, have you had an F800 fork apart yet or know of an aftermarket shock available for one? An interesting note to anyone considering buying an F800 is that SJBMW is seriously considering racing one in MotoST in the future, so performance parts should become available.

Eron
Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Eron, I amagine that Bretts bike is well broken in by now. I talked to Chris earlier today, suspension mods for track work should be not a big problem.

www.motorcyclistcafe.com
www.sjbmwracing.com
Old 06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: