Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I called Rob St John who probably has his number. I left a message, we'll hopefully have the # by tonite.

Meanwhile Xtriple or Andrew can one of you call Stepen if you see this posting?

Martin

Old 06-22-2007, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stephen914
If anyone needs my number just PM me.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

http://empeg9000.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2007, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Have fun, Fellas. Don't speed on that g_d damn Taconic. Troopers hidden EVERYWHERE!

-Eff
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Dark Side of the Force...

Garage
10-4,

Slow Rider check your PM. Babo and I do want to meet up with you and ride up with you guys.

We want to take the ride to the Ferry to New York by Rt - 9 I think. Two years ago I rode up and down some serious switch-backs. I think they are on the New York Side. Would be great to hit them again. Doesn't anyone know what mountain pass I am talking about?

Babo and I will be staying at the Tiki Lounge Saturday and should arrive early to mid-afternoon. Look for the cool guys with the cool bikes.

X
'07 K1200S
'07 R1200S
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Triple
10-4,
We want to take the ride to the Ferry to New York by Rt - 9 I think. Two years ago I rode up and down some serious switch-backs. I think they are on the New York Side. Would be great to hit them again. Doesn't anyone know what mountain pass I am talking about?

Babo and I will be staying at the Tiki Lounge Saturday and should arrive early to mid-afternoon. Look for the cool guys with the cool bikes.

X
Was it a cable ferry? If so thats Larabee point and its Rt 9N you more than likely took along Lake George? So you guys won't be in town until Mid-afternoon so I guess Martin and I will start riding a little earlier and meet up with you guys later iin the day.

Hey mullerjd you want to ride with us in the AM? I am thinking a trip around the Lake up Rt 8 toward Brant Lake and onto Indian Lake.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

Old 06-22-2007, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

70'sMan:

Won't be home 'til late (presuming I survive the ride home in the hail...) and would not give XTriple's # out even if I had it.

But I did just talk to him at his office.

He will try to contact you.

Have a great ride!

Saint
'02 R1100S - sold
'07 R1200GS, '09 XR1200

Last edited by BMWSaint; 06-22-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Old 06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by stephen914
Hey mullerjd you want to ride with us in the AM? I am thinking a trip around the Lake up Rt 8 toward Brant Lake and onto Indian Lake.
Unfortunately I already promised a group from work that I would ride with them in the AM.. that's a nice route though.. maybe I'll blow those guys off
Old 06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Seventies Man
I called Rob St John who probably has his number. I left a message, we'll hopefully have the # by tonite.

Meanwhile Xtriple or Andrew can one of you call Stepen if you see this posting?

Martin
Check your PM.
'07 K1200S
'07 R1200S
Old 06-22-2007, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Dont taunt happy fun ball

Send a message via AIM to AndrewA
Here is my cell:

617-365-5334

X and I should be at the Lake mid-afternoon.

Please call and let us know where you are riding so we can meet you.

If for some reason we can't get together during the day, please at least commit to having dinner with us on Saturday evening. So far we have X, Martin with babe, mullerjd, and stephen944. It should be a blast.

I'd like to suggest here:

SMOKEY JOE'S SALOON & GRILLE.
25 Canada St.
Lake George; NY; 12845
518-668-2660
Old 06-22-2007, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Andrew

Quote:
If for some reason we can't get together during the day, please at least commit to having dinner with us on Saturday evening. So far we have X, Martin with babe, mullerjd, and stephen944. It should be a blast.
Hey Andrew I will have dinner for sure even if we can't hook up during the day. You are staying at HoJos right? Well I will make a shorter loop possibly and try to meet up with you guys as you arrive. When Martin gets here maybe I will give you a call.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

Old 06-22-2007, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Perfect!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by blusxv
When is everyone meeting up and where. I'll be heading up friday night and staying till monday night.

Mike
Saturday night. You must attend!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Garage
Have fun guys!

I was planning on going but a little trouble on the track prevents .....
2008 KTM 950 Super Enduro long distance gravel road and general hooligan bike.
Now an R11GS and a 650 Dakar
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up Good Time!!!

Well I met up with the guys over the weekend. Seventies Man and his friend came up on Friday night and stayed at my house. He came on his ST1100s. We had some pizza and beer then head out around 7:30 on Saturday morning. It was a cool morning, there was dew on the cars, but it was nice and sunny. We ate at a diner close to my house called Lynn's Country Cafe. It sure was country inside. I had never been there, the diner I normally go to was closed that day.
Here's Seventies Man and his friend Amelia waiting for the check

LAKES! LAKES! and more LAKES!
After breakfast we head out for Lake George. We took West River Rd along the Hudson, then through Glens Falls, then up 9L to lake itself coming out by the Million Dollar Beach. Million Dollar beach is so named because it reportedly cost that much to make when on the sand was brought in during the 60's or 70's. I am sure that seems like a bargain now. We parked on Canada Street near Ushers Park to check our messages and see if any other riders were coming to join us.

No messages so we saddled up and head up Route 9N to go around the lake. Traffic wasn't too bad although we did pull over once to let the cars get ahead of us. Then we had a pretty clear shot over Tongue Mountain and we were able to ride pretty quick. We caught back up to the cars on the downhill side. I don't think I've ever made it up and back down without catching up to a single car. During the week is definitely the best time to go over this mountain road.
We turned up Rt 8 in Hague toward Brant Lake. This is a loop I take often and one of my favorites. The tarmac is pretty smooth, the scenery is fantastic, and traffic is pretty light. It was a little colder up here and my nose was beginning to run. This is always a problem since you can't really blow your nose in the full face helmet. We rode around Brant Lake at a pretty nice clip and stopped at Suzy Q's Sunrise Cafe for coffee.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

Last edited by stephen914; 06-25-2007 at 11:33 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Garage
Continued

After coffee we went over to Chestertown to checkout Adirondack Ural. Ural is a Russian motorcycle based on the BMW R71. Legend has it that five BMW units were covertly purchased through some Swedish intermediaries and copied. Soviet engineers in Moscow busily dismantled the 5 BMWs. They copied the BMW design in every detail and made moulds and dies to produce their own engines and gearboxes in Moscow. Everything about the bike was reverse engineered and early in 1941 the first trial samples of M-72 motorcycles were shown to Stalin and the decision was taken to produce them.

Seventies Man and Amaelia talked to one of the customers that owns a Ural Patrol that he proudly proclaimed gets a new paint can army green spray job every year.

I had to gas up my BMW so while Seventies Man and Amaelia finsihed talking I rode up the street to gas up. 93 octance fuel was $3.57 up there! Yikes! So I rode back down and we head back out on Rt 8 towards NorthCreek passing Loon Lake on the way. We continued on through Northcreek, onto Johnsburg and went up Garnet Lake Rd to stop at Heid's Hodaka & BMW.
Heid's was once a factory BMW dealer but they still do service out of thier building. Its a family run business and they live right next door. I even bought a turn signal stalk for my R11S while I was there.

This was a mechanics bike

There was lots of cool stuff there. Lots of vintage bikes, a newer Triumph Sprint.

Even this cool Bultaco
Matador!

There was a very old school feeling inside.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

Last edited by stephen914; 06-25-2007 at 11:34 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Garage
Part III

After leaving there we went back to Route 8 and took that all the way to Indian Lake. We took a left and went south on Route 30 following the Sacandaga river and turned off just before Edinburgh and took North Shore Rd along Sacandaga Lake.

Seventies Man took a siesta

We chilled out there for a while and rested. I was trying to check my messages to see if I heard from AndrewA but my phone had went dead. We decided we were ready to eat. We had a choice of Papa's Diner in Lazurne or A&W in Lake George. I left it to Seventies Man and Amelia to decide. The chose A&W. We took North Shore Rd to Hadley-Lazurne road. I hadn't been on that in years. It was fun but bumpy. When we got to Lazurne two sheriff cars were parked in opposing directions blocking traffic. They didn't seem to care that we were sitting there waiting. I was about to beep (but thought that might not be a good idea) then they finally moved. As the one drove past he cruised a little closer to my bike and I could see he was checking my inspection sticker. What a dick! So we had to follow the one cop. I went the speed limit so he kind of pulled away from me as we went north on 9N towards Lake George. I could just make out the second sheriffs car coming over the horizon behind us. I am sure he was trying to catch us speeding. So since he couldn't he just proceeded to tailgate Seventies Man. He followed us right into the village.
We had lunch at A&W. Seventies Man and I both got floats, I got mine with cream soda, and a burger combo. Amelia got a salad. I tried checking my messages with Amelias phone to see if AndrewA called and there was a message but I couldn't understand it. We I talked to Andrew on the phone on Friday he told me they were staying at HoJo's. So we just drove over there and stalked them looking for BMW's. We found them.

Thats XTriple's bike to the left, Andrew's to the right. Andrews had nice Ohlins like me, they both had nice carbon huggers, and XTriple had the Laser exhaust. As I was taking pictures of their bikes AndrewA appeared out on a balcony above. They came down and were already hitting the Red Bull and Vodka so they were done riding.

Thats Seventies Man (Martin) and Amelia to the left, XTriple (Paul) in the middle, and AndrewA to the right.
Seventies Man and Amelia went to look for a hotel so I hung out with XTriple and Andrew for a while. When Seventies Man returned we walked over to dinner. It was a choice between some brewery that I can't recall and Smokey Joe's. We flipped a coin and the brewery won. However, no one came to seat us so we went to Smokey Joes anyway.

Andrew and XTriple both got the Rib Rack for $20. It was a pretty good deal and they were huge. I got pulled pork quesadilla and Seventies Man and Amelia also had a quesadilla.
Requisite food shot!

Look at those ribs!

My Quesadilla

XTriple and Andrew both had a thing for our hostess

Who am I kidding, I did too!
I had a great time hanging with everyone. Andrew and XTriple are a riot. Andrew has a permanent s**t eating grin on his face. It was cool riding with Seventies Man, he is a good riding partner and we rode a similar pace which is always nice. I took off around 8 to head home since the sun was setting it was getting cold and I didn't have my jacket liner with me. I know AndrewA took lots of pics, hopefully they will post them.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

Last edited by stephen914; 06-25-2007 at 11:39 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Great Job Covering the Weekend Stephen!

We really appreciated your hospitality and ride leadership. I agree the pace was brisk challenging and worth it, with no tickets at the end, quite successful all in all.

I wasn't a big fan of the first picture in the diner, but the rest of the photos are great. I will encourage Amelia to get her pictures posted, she may have lots of free time I think she just got layed off.

We had a fine ride back on Sunday, Andrew was right there were thousands of Harleys out ,it being a weekend and all.

Peace, Martin G.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

According to the GPS, I had about 9 hours and 57 minutes of riding - other than the first and last legs, all of it was on perfect, twisty, and uncrowded roads.

We started Saturday around 6am riding up to NH to meet slowrider in Wilton, NH, who rode with us all the way to Bob's Diner in Manchester, VT.

Once X and I got to the hotel, it was pretty clear that our riding day was done, so we changed into street closes and had a cordial (or two), while toasting a perfect day of riding.

It was an absolute hoot meeting Stephen914 - here he is doing his best Joey Porsche impersonation:

It was great seeing Seventies Man again, as well as meeting the wonderful Amelia!

After dinner, blusxv and FayeDunawayChick stopped by the Tiki to say hi. We made plans for breakfast in the morning, but alas, they never showed.

Looking foreward to the next trip already!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
Wink AHHHH!!!

Quote:
It was an absolute hoot meeting Stephen914 - here he is doing his best Joey Porsche impersonation:
AH!! Dude! WTF! I can't beleive you posting that effing photo!
Thats just wrong! It was a riot hanging out, too bad more people didn't come. Andrew and I decided that XTriple won the Joey Porsche "D-Bag" award for knowing that Marty Robbins sung "A white sports coat and a pink carnation" and he even knew the words.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

Old 06-26-2007, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Garage
Guys just admit it that I am the King! and that I have great taste in Food and in Women!

Get it right, "a white sports coat and a green carnation!"

'07 K1200S
'07 R1200S
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: