Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Amazing, thank you...

I wanted to just say thank you here and I have a ton of letters to write to everyone who felt the need to help out. There was a letter with a check enclosed I just received today from a BMW rider that is in Afghanistan!!! I was beyond moved by this letter and pray and ask for you to pray for his safe return to come home and enjoy his BMW motorcycle as much as we do. Some have asked to remain anonymous and I respect that.

It is more than enough to cover a new suit and I have decided after a recent phone call from Vanson, the relationship we have had, and the loyalty to the company who has been very loyal to me, we are going ahead with another suit.

There is some major restructuring going forth with the company for the future and for the better. With the cost being differ from our original sponsorship deal, we are staying together. Thank you PP members/BMW riders as there is again enough to have a new suit made custom. I tried a couple off the rack suits and realized how much custom suits are worth having for safety reasons. So armor does not move around and not to loose or to tight. A great feeling will be felt each time I put it on, knowing it came from a community that cared.

Many, many thank you's are being sent out.

YOU are all at thetrack with me whether here or over there, thank you!

Nate Kern

Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
...glad you found a solution and that your spirits are up, N8! Can't wait to hear about you being on a bike again! Best wishes and get healthy fast... hope all will be well for you!

Cool thing that you got support from a guy who's in Afghanistan... shows you how many people you have touched with your open attitude all over the place... this board in general has benefited largely in one way or another from your participation...

I know I enjoyed it... and I enjoyed your great attitude. Pleasure getting to talk to you! Thank you, Nate

Ralf
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Heal up and get back on that damn bike! We need more race stories.

Seriously, best of luck to you. Get well soon and keep up the good spirits. Looking forward to a ride/breakfast again with the "Jersey Crew" in New Hope/Frenchtown some time.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Some of us from Savannah are planning on riding up to BMW Atlanta this Saturday to see you and see who can do the longest wheelie on one of your race bikes......
That is part of the entertainment isn't it?
:-}
You still planning on being at Roebling June 9th and 10th?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Woohoo! PT starts today at 1. The MRI's were great loking and just a big bone bruise with serious atrophy of the quad and calf muscles. Oh well. I cannot wait to get er all sideways again!

SignIt thank your bro for your work behind the scenes to try and get a suit lined up, very apreciated. ScottNJ, I will be back up that way after VIR, so I will be in touch.

JDuke, oh yeah I will be there! Hooter's wanted in on it from what I hear they also want the bkes and trailer at their corporate store here in Marietta. Eye on the prize though, getting back on track! lol, I really look forward to seeing youse there. Yes I will be at Roebling to help with agroup of racers that have asked, I would liek to see them get around the better and safer, so it will be fun!

N8!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
No Info on (t)his member

Garage
Any word yet on the "why" of the accident? Something let go, or...?
NTSB en route?

jeff
82 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Man, PT is the best pain I have ever felt! lol On me way!

The VIR date is still in place for going around the track, but realistically Road America will be much better for me.

N8!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Uh....who me?

Good to hear that Nate. I'll be at VIR to help anyway I can. Let me know off line if you need any support while I'm there.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Great to hear from you, N8. You're starting to sound like your old self again. Those Buells are hoping PT takes a long time.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Just really glad that I could start PT the same day and not tomorrow. Yeah impatient. Not overdoing it though. i was given some great workouts to do at home.

After a long talk with a local club president, Im really just fine with VIR being called more of a "celebration", lol. Kinda awkward. Just want to race and outbrake, then drive off the corner a little squirley, the clebrate! Not in the cards for now and it will be just a great lil rally and I have the garage rented out next to ours for riding/comprehension type seminars I have been asked to hold. Then some go karts, darn, I cant do that. Not going to chance it... lol VIR has an awesome go kart track! I will just give hints on which kart has the mo jo. The guys that run the karting track are as cool as they come! Ask WildWill my tactic when running behind at the kart track, lol.

Have a good one guys and ttyl,

N8!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: