Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

View Poll Results: Should Wheelie Boy cut his finger off
Yes, they do it in Japan every day 9 45.00%
No, the metal in the finger will set off metal detectors 0 0%
That's disgusting, and now I'm off my dinner 1 5.00%
Maybe he should have his friends talk him out of it, then make fun of him 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. This poll is closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Should Wheelie Boy cut his finger off.

Hi all,
just got done talking to wheelie boy,(Jeff B), and he said that since the pinkie will stick out for good,(like drinking tea),and their is no bone left on his left hand pinkie between the middle joint and tip, maybe he should have it removed so he can grip the handle bars better.
I told him if he decides to do something that drastic he should at least wait until the finger looks good so when it is removed it can be encased in acrylic. That way as a paper weight he'll always have his "finger" on things.
What is your opinion on this.
This should be good !!!
jeff

95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

BTW if he does this he'll have my vote for the most hard core biker I know
jeff
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Take it off. Had a friend lose an index finger in a press. Now he's Homer Simpson. Shaking hands with him is always a treat. Good conversation piece. Plastic surgery is really so good that a four-fingered hand doesn't look too freakish.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Tough call... does he like Earl Grey or Camomile?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Take it off.

But not because of the handlebar grip, he rides just fine with one hand.

I'm thinkin' that finger sticking out at speed may cause turbulent and dangerous airflow for the following riders, which I think is just about all of us.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
How about cutting it off at the middle joint? One of my sister's lost the tip of her little finger as a child between two meshing gears. Most people never notice. Showed up in the wedding picture close-up of the bride & groom hand/ring.
Anyone remember the short story of the guy betting his little finger that his cigarette lighter would light ten times in a row?
Jim
Old 05-30-2007, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

If he cuts it off he can join the likes of Troy Bayliss.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Time out girls & boys:

Before we all "play doctor", how's about we give Wheelie Boy a couple more weeks to get over the concussion he's recovering from, before we decide to hack things off. He might change his mind when he gets most of it back up and functioning.

Or if we just can't wait..i vote to take off the last third, where the bone is gone anyway. He'll lose the fingernail area (a little over half an inch), and leave at least 2/3rds of the finger to waft in the breeze.

By the way....this has got to be the strangest poll i've seen on this board so far.

What's next? "Should we have Flatbutt neutered?"
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom
He isn't???
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 05-30-2007, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

sew it to the third finger. never know the difference.

Keith
'99 R1100S Black
Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom

I was born a rightie but now I'm a leftie.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Why not get the bone replaced with a flexy straw kinda thing, be able to pose his finger any way he likes. Would be pretty cool IMO....
1989 K100RS - White/Blue, Remus; 1999 R1100S - Mandarin Orange, Remus, Ohlins; 2007 G650XCountry - Black/Silver, iStorm Luggage - Wilbers 75mm Lowered shock for the wife!; 2003 BCR #57 - Jeff's bike ; 2009 G477X - Akrapovic, WP Trax, SpeedBrain Goodies
2000 ///M5 - Custom Black & Blue, Dinan goodies
Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
Lightbulb R&D SOLUTION

Foster Medical Inc. is proud to introduce the X-Finger
The X-Finger® is the world’s first active-function artificial finger assembly designed specifically for partial finger amputees. The device allows users to regain complete control of the flexion and extension movements of an artificial finger in a self-contained device. It is designed to bend a silicone finger sheath in a realistic manner like one would normally do.

It stands up to the rigors of a manly man lifestyle or a beauty star's career before and after rehab. Now you can wake up with all 10 and they look real and are porous to retain the aromas of your last night's catch.

Foster Medical, the leader in solving finger erectile dysfunction (FED)and BMW surging (BS) announces our new product, the 6-finger. In production now for 5 months it is designed for better multi tasking. It has always been known that two heads are better than one so applies our 12 finger thesis.

http://www.didrickmedical.com/didrick/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=32

PPBB Member Discounts

Try a Randon Act of Humor. I hope he gets well! BTW, There are finger prosthetic implants that do real well.

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
LASER Engineering Exhaust Systems
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Last edited by boxercup; 05-30-2007 at 08:46 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Robert,
where do you fine these great toys?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Bayliss seems to go OK without his finger and Barry Sheene never appeared to miss his much.
BTW, we are talking about an actual finger, we are not just being polite and talking around some other digit-like part of the anatomy, right?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Nose Picking!!

How will he pick his nose correctly!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
how will he count?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to arbik
Y'all are crazy!!
I think, he should get an implant, and keep all of the finger.
Then again, My mom always used to tell me.."why dont you like getting rid of stuff you dont use anymore?"!
If everyone did that...well...must I go on?

-arbi
Old 05-31-2007, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
i agree. i like the X-Finger that Robert linked to above.
all wheelie boy has to do is explain that he's an accountant, thus the finger rebuild will be covered by insurance as a necessary repair.

or claim to be a violinist.

school crossing guard?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
Question Err... Um....

Ummm.... Who is Wheelie Boy>?

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
LASER Engineering Exhaust Systems
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: