Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BMW RA @ The Biltmore

I known that this will be a well attended event. I have a couple of recommendations. First, go to the Biltmore Vineyards wine tasting with empty cases. They make some fine wines and you won't leave the winery without. Also, I recommend that you seek out Dan Greene with a good road map and he'll put you on some excellent B+ to A+ runs around the Asheville area.

There will also be a Bar-B-Que festival going on in Tryon, NC at Harmon Field which is at the bottom of US 176 at the NC 108 cutoff which heads over to Columbus. They have a special parking area up close for bikes, live music and lots of food and drink. This is a big deal for the Tryon area. Its about 45 miles from the Biltmore with some good twisties to run out and back.

Since, my bike house is in that area I plan to day trip to the Biltmore to see who shows up for this unprecedented event.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
time wasting tosser

flatbutt and I will be at the Holiday Inn Express on Hendersonville Rd. Thursday night thru Sunday.

Pelican Party ???
Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You mean flatbutt leaves his NJ pond unattended to venture southward ? Very interesting.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Look forward to seeing all you folks. Bob Hancock and I will be camping at the estate. I suspect Bob will bring his pop-up tarps with the aluminum legs so look for us.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
time wasting tosser

Quote:
Originally posted by dee jones
You mean flatbutt leaves his NJ pond unattended to venture southward ? Very interesting.
I believe he has arranged for "family" to keep an eye on it.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I will be there with the little woman. I look forward to seeing the taillights of all you faster riders.
Mark
Old 05-30-2007, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Ride Italian

Send a message via Yahoo to schoolbusbob
I'm planning on riding up on fridayAM from Charlotte. I hope there is some shaded area we are able to camp at. Note to self, BRING CORK SCREW. BobL in Gastonis on red/silver 1200s
Old 05-30-2007, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Uh....who me?

In the camping area I plan on having two popups. A white one and a red/white/blue one. (Not sure if they will allow this but I'm ready to beg forgiveness rather than ask permission.) Stop by for sure, or if we aren't there, leave a note. We need to have a Pelican event some time during the rally whether it's at the Biltmore or downtown somewhere or on the road.
PS. I'll have the new bike. BCPrep is still in the air awaiting Ohlins rebuild.

Last edited by Bob Hancock; 05-30-2007 at 06:05 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dee jones
well there are times when it is better for me to NOT be here.

ga-beesh?

I was born a rightie but now I'm a leftie.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Looking forward to meeting some of you Pelicans. The roads are spectacular. Have a good journey down.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Dismembered

I'm camping as near as I can get to Camp Hancock, but I won't get in till Friday mid-afternoon. Perhaps all interested Pelicans would like to meet somewhere Saturday morning for a ride. Any ideas? I like the ride from I-26 through Bat Cave to Lake Lure.
2012 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak (#072)
"It is difficult to get the news from poems, yet men die miserably every day from lack of what is found there" WC Williams
Old 05-31-2007, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

NC Hwy 9 out of Bat Cave up to Old Fort and then back over to Sugar Hill, NC then loop down via Bills Creek Road toward Lake Lure which is jammed on weekends Chimmney rock of Lake Lure is good for lunch Break or coffee and a bagel.

US 276 warns 18 wheelers due to the tight turns which they can't negotiate. Some good roads out to the west of Asheville through Pisgah National Forest.

BTW Bob, I saw the Pirates film yesterday. Don't start drinking soda until you're a hour into the movie. It's loooooong. There will be a follow-on. Disney has found a "honey pot' and won't let in go as long as Depp comes back to the trough to fill his pockets. More spec effects!!

Last edited by Guest24; 05-31-2007 at 07:02 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Not to worry Craig. I have some routes in mind that I think you will find scenic, challenging, and with relatively little traffic. So far the long range weather prediction looks good too.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Can I tag along Dan? I promise not to high side off a cliff.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Of course you can. I promise not to mention any decreasing radius turns.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

BMWRA@Biltmore

I will be coming up from the Orlando area probably on Wednesday. Is there anyone else from this area heading t Asheville? Just thought I would check. I look forward to being able to put some faces with all of the names on the board.

Bob
Old 05-31-2007, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I'm an Asheville local, so if you guys need any help for whatever may come up, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, I'll see you guys at the meet.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Does the event have a daily fee? I can only make Sunday and hate to pay for for all the days I missed.

'67 Ducati 250 Monza
'04 BMW R1100S
'88 Alfa Spider Quad
Old 05-31-2007, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Uh....who me?

Quote:
Originally posted by wildduc
Does the event have a daily fee? I can only make Sunday and hate to pay for for all the days I missed.
I doubt it. You can go to the RA website and check but I suspect Sunday will be the day to tear down and go home. Prolly not much happening then.
http://www.bmwra.org/
Old 05-31-2007, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

The Biltmore has a daily pass fee that varieswith the time of year and season. Google the Biltmore and it will tell you. BMWRA meet attenders probebly get a rate for the entire stay on the grounds.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: