Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bad place for a burnout

Ouch

Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
proof that the race ain't over, 'till you get back to the truck.
i once finished an all-day enduro and was riding from the finish line to my van when a kid on an atv came blasting out of the bushes and broke the front forks off my Husky. Never did find the finisher's pin that i had in my hand. If the kid hadn't broken his leg on impact, i probably would have arranged something similar...
Old 06-05-2007, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I can't remember if it was a superbike or motogp race I watched a couple of weeks ago but the winner was doing such a severe burnout the riders behind him had to stop on the track because they couldn't see through the cloud of smoke. Anyone recall who it was?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
time wasting tosser

remember why GPs stopped running at Laguna?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
No try, do or not do

Garage
bubba schobert was doing a victory burnout after winning a superbike race back in the late 80's and got hit from behind by another rider which caused him brain damage and ended his career, at the time i think he was national #1
Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by shreddr
bubba schobert was doing a victory burnout after winning a superbike race back in the late 80's and got hit from behind by another rider which caused him brain damage and ended his career, at the time i think he was national #1
Other way around. Laguna Seca 1989, Kevin Magee was acting like an as*. With the smoke, Shobert apparently couldn't see. Bubba never raced again.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Barback King

saw it

Quote:
Originally posted by shreddr
Saw that thing...actually I do believe Bubba never got to stop and do the BO he was just slowing and waving...and got ran into.
Chilling moment.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Re: saw it

Quote:
Originally posted by Rapid Dog
Saw that thing...actually I do believe Bubba never got to stop and do the BO he was just slowing and waving...and got ran into.
Chilling moment.
Again.. Bubba didn't do the cool down burnouts at the Laguna GP. It was Magee who stopped in the middle of the track and did the stunt three or four times. With all the smoke, Shobert ran into him at an estimated 100 mph and almost lost his life. Lawson only narrowly missed Magee a split second earlier. One year later, at essentially the same spot, Magee crashed and ended his career.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Barback King

...that is absolutely correct...it all comes back to me now...and then...
Old 06-05-2007, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Garage
you post links like that and then I end up spending the next half hour watching people mangling themselves ... what fun

2008 KTM 950 Super Enduro long distance gravel road and general hooligan bike.
Now an R11GS and a 650 Dakar
Old 06-05-2007, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: