Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Talking 800 miles in 2 days...fun fun fun

Well,

My brother and I took our bikes up to SF from Ojai. We took the 33N to the 58W(Stunning ride) to the 25N(just great), road over the 9 (INSANE!) and into SF...I broke a new pair of Metz Sportech M3's in and must say that the bike feels WAY better with them. It just drops into corners and stays there now. Really easy to go fast and smooth through corners. That front tire feels planted like a rock! Absolutely frozen in place...Feels like I'm not even moving sometimes the r12s is so smooth when i take long fast sweepers.

So, on the way back we took the 1...Can't beat it through Big sur and down the coast. but it was very windy!

I really love this bike with the new rubber on it, its a whole new bike. And all that grunt through canyons is fantastic. I ran with a group of R6 guys going through the 9, and while I imagine an R6 can easily out-handle the R12s, I was just cruising in 4th, dropping it side-to-side, dragging my boots all over the place, using the torque and relaxing while the bike stuck like glue...and picked off all three guys one by one.

I am confident in saying that I am nowhere near as fast as many guys (and gals) on this board, but I am coming to realize that after getting used to the differences between the forks and motor from my old R1, I can really haul ass without really trying!

I LOVE IT!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Huh?

Nice ride. B-4 my move to Davis, I was a Carpinteria denizen for many years. Hwy 33 is premium riding territory, especially early in the AM when the LEOs are still at the donut shop. Personally I doubt that most R-bike riders can keep you in sight if you are good- as much a commentary on the rider as the bike- but there's nothing wrong with being cautious.
Vans RV-7 flying as of June 24, 2012; Too many bicycles to list.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Did just about the same thing this weekend. Up to SF on Friday afternoon via Hwy 1, had the bike serviced at SF BMW on Saturday ( cruised around on the loaner all day Sat) and headed down to Cambria, again on Hwy 1, stayed for the night. Cyndy rode up to Cambria on Saturday and we headed for home on Sunday. Only one ticket, on 280 northbound, shoulda' known better, especially this particular stretch of road.

Last edited by tm1100s; 06-07-2007 at 08:58 AM..
Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: