Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Amazing Support by the BMW Community

Event: CCS/ASRA Motorcycle Racing at Summit Point Motorsports Park
Date: Memorial Weekend (May 27-28, 2007)
Location: Near the bleachers along Turn 4/5 (heading into the carousel)

I was approached by a very nice gentleman (Jay) and his wife..... they asked if Nate Kern was at the races because he didn't see him or his bikes. He traveled over an hour to come to the races to show his support of Nate and was interested in seeing the new BMW race bikes. He was hoping to talk with Nate again since he had originally met him at Daytona. It became apparent that the news of Nate's unfortunate crash at Barber didn't reach all the fans. A long story short, I filled him in and he was truly concerned about Nate's well being and wanted me to wish him well. A true sign of personal marketing at its best. It is awe inspiring to see how the BMW community is like a band of brothers...coming together to support one another....great credibility to a great brand. Jay is one of many fellow racers, riders and owners who prove loyalty at its best. This weekend, at Roebling Road in Georgia, I know that there are BMW clubs attending the race, knowing that Nate cannot race, but still asked him to be there for their group rides and to educate them on racing. A classic example of community! Thank you! If you get a chance, be a part of the event and I also encourage you all to visit VIR June 23-24 and witness the support first hand.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: