Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Barback King

Thumbs down ...and Geroge Bush is the Kyle Petty of Politics...

Quote:
... what kind of job CBS does covering these races...
Well I just have to chirp in on this one...I for one thought the CBS coverage was a freakin' bore.
Whoever that dude was standing in front of Shwantz and blathering was the worse.

Shwantz is Shwantz, glad he's there....but that other guy may as well have been commentating a badminton match.

No comparo to the Brit announcers.

Dumbest statement yet..."MotoGP...the NASCAR of motorcycle racing.."

Give me a F'n break!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Thread Killer

The NASCAR analogy was valid in the sense of MotoGP's popularity, at least outside the US. But a poor analogy, in the sense of how cheezy NASCAR is. He also said it was the Formula 1 of motorcycle racing, which is much better.

Yeah, I thought the guy with Schwantz was weak, but I'd much rather listen to Schwantz than those guys on Speed. They were obviously stiffly reading from a teleprompter at the beginning, but it was decent material. I'm glad they highlighted the US riders, but it seemed like the whole race was focused on the lead riders. I liked the interviews between Schwantz and some of the riders better than the boring interviews of the top three finishers on Speed that often get cut short.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote: "Dumbest statement yet..."MotoGP...the NASCAR of motorcycle racing.."

I agree. As if American first time viewers have baited with NASCAR to come to know how exciting and how huge Motogp is elsewhere in the world. "We gee let me put my spit cup down and let me watch these crazy foreigners on these wild scooters".
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

balls. i was searching for that old post carlton put up for us non cable/speed channel bunny-ear waving fans. whats the schedule for the upcoming races on CBS regular TV? anyone have a link?

Much appreciated
Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

When the guy pronounced Rossi's name as Valentonia I though Vale might have had a surgical procedure after winning a Mugello. Glad CBS made an effort though. More American exposure to Motogp.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Awesome race! I have to say hats off to Randy De Puniet. Kawasaki rider, his knee was 4 inches larger than normal due to fluid from a previous injury! 5th on the green machine.

Hopper is also putting in some fast laps. Was the fastest in pots race testing yesterday. www.superbikeplanet.com

Cheers,

N8!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Oh yeah, completely forgot about the Nascar analogy. I blurted out to my girlfriend saying "No it's not!, it's the F1 of motorcycles".
Old 06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Ok, the coverage was kinda lame, but what a race! Ducati power!(we sell Ducs too) Stoner is 4 for 7 and looking good!

It's nice to see Stoner doing so well. Also, for F1 fans, Lewis Hamilton is likewise turning the world on it's side. I like to watch the young talent mix it up with proven champions.

Later,
M
Old 06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

when's the next race televised on CBS?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
...hey, ctd800... did you see that accident??? To think he ,ade it out of that car with just bruises....Whoaaaa Nelly!
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 06-11-2007, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Maybe the Nascar of MC racing comment was an attempt to somehow tie in Nicky Hayden's roots in Kentucky with Nascar's southern roots...who knows...

Brock

2016 S1000XR,2001 R1100 SA: Wunderlich Seat, Staintunes, Wilbers F/R
2004 MV Agusta Brutale S
1973 BMW 2002 Touring tii, '12 LR4, 86 Mondial 3.2 QV, 02 996 Turbo
Old 06-11-2007, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
Maybe, but Nascar's moonshining roots don't even begin to compare to F1's roots. Well, they did have four wheels, an engine and a steering wheel.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

BMW Roundel

when's the next race televised on CBS?

I think they mentioned 06/30 will be the next televised race by CBS during the broadcast.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Thread Killer

June 30th and July 15th.

http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports/story/10164785
Old 06-12-2007, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Barback King

...the Nascar analogy rubs me the same way as when any truckstop vascationeer looks at my bike invaraiably says,
"Look Ma! BMW, that's the Kadillac of motrocycles!"

Well, no, it's actually the BMW of motorcycles...

Last edited by Rapid Dog; 06-12-2007 at 09:44 AM..
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

thanks much
Old 06-12-2007, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by signit98
...hey, ctd800... did you see that accident??? To think he ,ade it out of that car with just bruises....Whoaaaa Nelly!
I missed it, had to record the Moto GP race that overlapped with F1. They described it as "viscious" and said the guy had only a broken leg and everyone was surprised that was the extent of his injuries.

It sounded real bad. Maybe they'll replay it during the USGP coverage.

Later,
M
Old 06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Registered

Great race.

Congrats to Casey.

5 different makes in the top 5.

Great ride by all 5.

Had a big argument with my 16 yo again about the Ducati being superior.

Rossi has the most successful chief mechanic with 10 world titles and a big part of that crew.

The Yamaha while not being the best is much improved.

Rossi is the all time greatest and makes up for any discrepencies in the bike and setup or tire choice.

As in karting Ned is as fast as my oldest son Zac in the same kart. The analogy of it just being the equipment went out the window. You still have to have the skill to be able to drive at the lap times and also deal with the pressure.

I told him that Casey still has to ride the bike and it would be interesting to see how fast Rossi would be on the Ducati.

It would be interesting if they rode the same bike (Yamaha or Ducati) and see how much of a difference there would be.

Big turn around for Casey from last year and good to see the young talent get good equipment. He does not have to ride beyond the bikes capability for once and it shows.

I n karting my sons were taught how to race and setup our karts by a young lad who went on to become a world champion in a class he had the least experience in.

He taught my sons to learn to drive an old average kart fast with setup and then move to better equipment once you have the experience. This proved to be the good advice as when Zac stepped up to seniors he has won the closed state title in the TAG125 class in his second year.

Good on Casey and the others in the top 5.

www.boxer-performance.com

1998 R1100S Yellow is the best (now departed from my life)
Old 06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
Quote:
Originally posted by ctd800
I missed it, had to record the Moto GP race that overlapped with F1. They described it as "viscious" and said the guy had only a broken leg and everyone was surprised that was the extent of his injuries.

It sounded real bad. Maybe they'll replay it during the USGP coverage.

Later,
M

...actually, they THOUGHT he had a broken leg... he is on schedule for Indianapolis to race again!... it's all over youtube... just type in Kubica Accident F1... absolutely UNREAL...
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ExarKunONe Send a message via Skype™ to ExarKunONe
The latest question plaguing the motorcycle racing world will be which championship best prepares riders for Moto GP? 125 and 250 gp or NASCAR?

Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: