Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

About to install Remus race full-system

I am about to install the race system from remus on my 2004 BCR. The bike also has a K&N air filter. My question is do I need the chip for it or is there anything else needed to do once the pipes are installed. My dad has the r1200c, and he was saying he read on his bike that when new pipes were installed that you would either have to disconnect the battery, or just ride it as it was and it would take a little while for the bike to learn the new pipes. Any tips would be appreciated. Cant wait to hear how it sounds.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Dark Side of the Force...

Garage
I am sure if you do a search thread on Laser or, exhaust you should get the help you are looking for.

Be careful with the O2 sensor. Disconnect it from under neath the tupper ware. It has a ling lead with several ties that will need to be cut.

I don't think you have to disconnect the battery unless you are changing out the chip. I think when you run with a full system it is wise to have a matching chip.

Good Luck,

-x
'07 K1200S
'07 R1200S
Old 06-10-2007, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ExarKunONe Send a message via Skype™ to ExarKunONe
Get the chip!

Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: