Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to Luca
Just an idea for a GPS mount (pics)

Using RAM accessories, some fantasy and some patience. I have tomtom installed on cellphone:

When riding, I still can see all the gauges except the thermometer. No problem with the ignition key, there's enough space to rotate it; to pull it off, I have just to rotate the case (it takes a second).

Last edited by Luca; 06-12-2007 at 09:43 AM..
Old 06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do you also use a headset luca and if so what kind?Looking nice by the way. I'm eagerly awaiting reviews and owner experiences of the new Tom Tom Rider second edition witch seem to be better mounted(also with ram mount old mount on first model sometimes dropped the tom tom on the street witch is bad;-)) just as water proof as the Garmin units and delivered with a very good bluetooth headset.

'09 Aprilia Scarabeo 250 i.e.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I just use a bluetooth earphone (good for music too): it's very small and it doesn't disturb. I'm just a bit worried if it could make damage in case of accident, but it's so small and there is so much space left in the helmet (arai) that I don't think so.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Motorradfahrer

Send a message via AIM to Eisernkreuz
Wow, Luca, we have the same bike...except yours is a little more blingtastic. I can't seem to reply to my post for some reason..

99 R1100SA
Old 06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
...elica rossa...

Garage
...well, the garden looks better than the last time we saw it...

R1200S + R1200RT
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Don't worry about the earpiece in case of an accident, chances of that giving extra grieve would be pretty slim I think, keys or other hard objects in pockets are worse I think and at least your cell phone isn't in your pocket. So bluetooth and cellphone are working fine, that's interesting might also considder going that route as my cellphone should be able to run tom tom software(nokia n70). Maybe you can tell me witch exact bluetooth earphone you've got(maybe a link or picture)?Do you also keep the gps antenna in the box with the phone or do you have one of those new Nokia N95's?

Old 06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Skippy, here is the earphone:

BTCLIP02 from cellularline, 19.90 at local discount (http://www.cellularline.com/base/index.html)

The antenna isn't integrated with the phone, but i prefer not to place it into the case, to leave there more neoprene layers to better absorb vibrations (I think cellphone isn't as strong as dedicated gps').

Eisern: "...I have a dream...to be the king of the bling..." what? I should have bought an Harley? Tsk...too easy...

Ron: yes, after two weeks of rain and two days of sun, finally green Luca has a green garden...now I just need a pair of serious cloggs
Old 06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
...elica rossa...

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca 'the Bling King'...
...I just need a pair of serious cloggs ...
...what size...

R1200S + R1200RT
Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

That bluetooth headset looks nice Luca and very usable with a helmet, I will keep that one in mind but still hoping that the TomTom Rider second edition will deliver all in one motorcycle solution that will be easy to use and will work without falling off or breaking down.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to powert
Have you considered...

...these products from jabra.
Here
And Here
Old 06-20-2007, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Luca, Please tell me what type of windshield you have and where I can buy one. It looks like a double bubble from? I have a friend who has one on his K1200S and he loves it, no wind noise.Thanks!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hi John,

it's a GP500.
In my opinion it's not so different from the original one about noise and comfort, but it looks a lot better and bolt holes don't brake.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: