Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question R1100S Boxer Cup Prep Center Stand Question

Does the stock center stand for a R1100S work with the taller sports suspension on a Boxer Cup Prep model? I was told that it will not work.

Any one installed a center stand on their BCP with the sports supsension?

Mine is an 02 silver R11S BCP with 5.5 inch rim and the yellow spring rear shock with no belly pan.

TIA

Old 06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
TIA
It won't lift the rear tire off the ground. I used 1" metal tubing cut in half lengthwise and had it welded on the feet. Gives clearance on concrete floor.
Welcome on, where you located?
Jim
Old 06-13-2007, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stephen914
IF you need to purchase one to hack up I will be selling mine in about a week.

2000 R1100S
Ztechnick exhust
FosterRad Fuel Chip
Ohlins F&R
BMW MOA#125237

http://empeg9000.blogspot.com/
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Thread Killer

The prep's suspension is only taller because it has the shorter paralever arm. A centerstand will work fine, but as Jim said, your tire will (probably, I think) touch the ground. But it'll be solid. You could also buy the longer arm for $80 or less, or swap with someone here for free. The steering will slow down a bit, but you'll gain a little more stability, too.

Spirited riding on uneven roads will cause the centerstand to touch down occasionally. Not a biggie, though.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Any one using the Wunderlich S-Lifter stand (thru bmwsantacruz.com) and is it ok to use for storage in the garage? I have a 82 R100RS on center stand in my garage and would like to park my 02 R11S next to it that way as well to conserve space.

The thought of installing a center stand with the rear wheel still on the ground and the holes for the workstand now blocked no longer seems appealing. I am used to being able to spin and tug my R100RS with it in the garage.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Jim, I am located in Orange County, CA

2002 R11S Boxer Cup Prep
1982 R100RS
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by oldbeemerguy
Any one using the Wunderlich S-Lifter stand (thru bmwsantacruz.com) and is it ok to use for storage in the garage?
Yep. I've been using one for a couple of years now. It works just fine and it does get the rear wheel off the ground. I'm using it in concert with the Telefix Motoboy, which looks to be no longer available in the US but is virtually identical to the Easy Park at BMW Santa Cruz.

Hope this helps,

--Jim
2009 Element
2013 Volt
Old 06-13-2007, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

"I see nothing..."

Just throw a 2x4 under the kickstand and it should
get the rear off the ground.

2009 Aprilia RS125 with GIANNELLI full system, Bitubo shock, etc.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: