Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Cyclone Jack

Garage
Cool MOTO ST Endurance

Is anyone planning on attending the Iowa race on July 14th?

Looks to be a good day, I am planning on riding my S over to the race.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm planning to go. I'm buying a ticket for the stands, hoping to get into the infield somehow.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Since when did Iowa get a track??? I looked at the website and all they have is pictures of some no-name bands.... looks like a road course, but all they really talk about is round-roundy. What exactly is MOTO ST??? I spent much of my youth in Iowa City. I could have used a track nearby.... just what I needed back then: another reason to drink beer! How 'bout them Hawkeyes!!!
'73 YAM RD350
'71 HON SL70
Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Dismembered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rootboy
What exactly is MOTO ST???
www.moto-st.com
2012 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak (#072)
"It is difficult to get the news from poems, yet men die miserably every day from lack of what is found there" WC Williams
Old 06-15-2007, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I'll be there, every one is invited to stop by the San Jose BMW pits, same goes for Road America as well.
www.motorcyclistcafe.com
www.sjbmwracing.com
Old 06-15-2007, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Cyclone Jack

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Deans BMW
I'll be there, every one is invited to stop by the San Jose BMW pits, same goes for Road America as well.
Looking forward to meeting everyone who comes. I will definitely stop by the San Jose pits, my son and I would love that.

Moto-ST is promoted by the parent compant that owns NASCAR and this is the first year if I understand it correctly, limited to 4 strike twins and it runs for 3 hours I believe, so pit stops are critical as well as changing riders.

Some investors lead by Rusty Wallace (who designed the track) decided Newton Iowa was/is a good place for a oval to run IRL, Busch, the trucks, the Rolex GT and Rolex Prototypes, hopefully a Nextel Cup event in the future, plus outdoor concerts, last week was Foreigner and Kansas and Sunday was Christian rock, so the track is seeing quite a few events already this year. It opened last year.

It is an oval,. but they are transforming the track into a road course for the Moto-ST. This will be my first trip since the track opened so I am looking forward to it.

Dress for hot sticky weather, but it could always be a little cooler and very nice after all it is Iowa. So be ready for anything. I wish I could catch the Road America race as well the week before.

I shouldn't leave out the sponsors like Sun Trust Bank, Buell, and BMW.

Last edited by hawkeyejohn14; 06-15-2007 at 12:56 PM..
Old 06-15-2007, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Actually, Road America will be the 4th of this season and Iowa will be the 5th, then in October the race is a full 8 hours. Last Oct was the first Moto ST race with San Jose winning that 8 hour.

Of the 4 Moto ST races so far, San Jose has had 2 1st places, a 3 rd place and a 12th place after leading for something like 96 laps.

San Jose's riders have been Brian Parriott and Nate Kern and with Stephen Mertans as the 3rd rider in the 8 hour.

The logistics have been tough as all the races have been in the east, a long drive from San Jose, some 28,000 miles of driving for the 4 races so far.
www.motorcyclistcafe.com
www.sjbmwracing.com
Old 06-15-2007, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Cyclone Jack

Garage
That is a huge commitment, which after checking out their website, they seem to have a history of. I went ti the website, great site BTW, except it is hard to spend money, no race shirts to buy, or T-shirts at all, only a black mock T long sleeve ready for winter riding...

I have a N8 Kern shirt I am planning on wearing, but was also looking to support San Jose BMW racing...

Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: