Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I didn't mean to say that the people working the lines are at fault. I also think it's management.

As I said early, owning Jaguar, spending 5b on it and not making a profit doesn't add up.

I work in construction, and wouldn't be around very long if my jobs weren't making money. It's very plain and simple. Make money for the company, or work somewhere else. Too bad that didn't apply to some of the top execs of this country.

04 R1150RS
Old 06-19-2007, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
Quote:
Originally posted by bhaubold
I recently read that health care costs run Toyota about $200 per car, where it costs GM about $1500 per car.

I'm not bashing the unions, I belong to one myself. But, maybe the UAW has it a little too nice.
UNIONS ARE THE CRIPPELD LEG OF ANY ECONOMY... WHILE THE UNDERLYING INITIAL IDEA WAS A GOOD ONE, CORRUPTION AND GREED HAVE RUINED ANY GOOD INTENTIONS OVER THE YEARS AND AS SUCH, CREATED JUST ANOTHER LEECH! MORE, MORE, MORE...

....sorry, just saw the caps. Seen is just a few years ago with the grocery store strike here in CA... the union was not able to support the grocery workers adequatly, the result of the strike was devastating for some workers and they will have a hard time, earning the lost wages back again... Brilliant advise by the strategists!

I can't stand them and will - if I have a choice - support any non-union business before I support a union business... even if I have to go ouot of my way some!

But that is - of course - only my opinion...
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

In these times, non skilled unions will have a very tough time surviving. If you can be replaced by a new worker in a couple of days, your union days are numbered.

I think union jobs with trained, skilled workers may be around for some time.

04 R1150RS
Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: